• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fear skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Servus @ all

i want do a skill but i need help for it!

Skill: Fear

Effect: Target Unit get damage every sec for 3 sec and run away for 3 sec.

Can you help me is this possible?

Level 4
Depends, if this is
A: Versus players
The hard way then, you need to remove the target unit's controlling from owner of that unit, then make loop. For each integer A from 1 to Maximum time you want. Do: unit, issue order targeting a point (Issue target unit of ability being cast) to move to point with polar offset, unit position of target unit of ability being cast offset by 500 towards angle from position of casting unit to position of target unit of ability being cast.
Casting unit damage target unit of ability being cast for 100 damage.
Wait 1.00 seconds.
B: Versus computer
Then this is easy, you can make it by creating a dummyspell that casts a spell at targeted enemy, spell cast this way should be silence, which has all it's "Turns off spellcasting/ranged attack etc.." options checked. The enemy can't do anything but move so it'll act just like against invulnerable unit: Running away. Then you need to do trigger that deals damage to all units that have the debuff the 'silence' gives.

Level 4
Hmm i have this trigger..

but what spell must i take that the trigger work?
And in this trigger what is "Events" and what is "conditions"?

Last edited:
Level 5
Personally, I'd base the spell off of the Firelord's "Soul Burn". Then, I'd make a trigger that added a worker classification to the unit for the duration of the spell (I think the worker classification causes the unit to flee when it is damaged unless it is specifically ordered to do something else). Of course, I'd force the unit to stop, change it's owner to neutral passive (if you're planning on having it be used on player units) and cause the casting unit to regularly damage the target unit VIA triggers (I don't believe spells count as damage from the unit, but rather the buff. Could be wrong).

Anywho, hope this helps.

Level 4
Ok i wrtie the trigger and so on buit there are 2 probst.

I used Soulburn as Fear

• Fear
    • Events:
      • Unit - A Unit starts effect of an ability
    • Conditions:
    • Actions:
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Action) else do (Else Action)
        • If - Conditions:
          • Ability being casting Equal to Fear
        • Then - Actions:
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target Unit of abilty being cast) to neutral passive and change Color
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Move To ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 500.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) degrees)

Ok that is my trigger. Know i use my Fear to one Unit. The Unit change to "Neutral Passive" BUT the Unit move only two sec but the effect goes 5 sec. How must i do that, that the target Unit move so long as the ability goes?
2nd: How to change the Owner of Target Unit back to normal?

Rofl i hope you understand what i meen :eekani: :eek: :eekani: :eek:
Thx for help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.