• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help making a passive skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can anyone help me make a passive nova skill where enemy units standing around the hero will get damaged by a nova every couple of seconds .

your help is much appreciated :)

Its easier in JASS though I don't know if you know JASS so i'll try a GUI one.... I'm sure the following trigger has leaks so sorry about that...

• Event
    • Time - Every X seconds of Game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in PlayableMapArea matching (Level of PassiveNova for matching unit greater than 0) then do
      • Actions
        • set Caster = Picked Unit
        • Unit Group - Pick Units within 400 of Caster matching (Unit is alive and Owner of Matching unit is an enemy of owner of Caster) then do
          • Actions
            • set TempLoc = Position of PickedUnit
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Ownerof(Caster) in TempLoc facing 0.00 degrees
            • set Dummy = Last Created Unit
            • Unit - Add FrostNova to Dummy
            • Unit - Add a 1.00 seconds generic timer to Dummy
            • Unit - Order Dummy to FrostNova Picked Unit
            • custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
Again I'm sure it has leaks.... I'm not used to using multiple groups in GUI.... sorry. And this will hit every unit in range of the hero....

Waaaaaaiiiiit you are kidding aren't you?

See the spell is an ingame one from the Demonhunter :/

And if you want it passive just take the neutral ability which does the same but passive :)

he wants a nova.... he can use immolation if its only for damage... but if he wants slow he must use this and if he wants it to hit only one random target then the trigger is needed though he need to change the last group...

Level 12
Solution #1: Create a trigger: (this version leaks)
  • Frost Nova Interval
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set FrostNovaUnitGroup = (Units in (Playable Map Area) matching ((Level of Frost Nova Passive for (Matching Unit) greater than or equal to 1))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FrostNovaUnitGroup and do (All actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Picked Unit)) at (Position of (Picked Unit)) facing (Random angle)
          • Unit - Set level of Frost Nova for (Last Created Unit) to (Level of (Frost Nova Passive for (Picked Unit))
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Force of Nature expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
          • Set dummy = (Last Created Unit)
          • Unit - Create 1 vulnerableDummy for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Picked Unit)) facing (Random angle)
          • Unit - Order dummy to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Last Created Unit)
I know this trigger leaks but fix it yourself.
Several Points:
-Frost Nova is a unit spell given to the dummy unit modified to your needs. It effects enemy units in AOE so it fits you well.
-Dummy units are invisible (including shadow) and have the locust ability
-vulnerableDummy has 1 HP and is also invisible (including shadow) BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE LOCUST.

Solution #2: Do something similar with Acid Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.