• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SkeletonKnight

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Decided to release some of my models. Sadly I cannot fix any of them anymore since my modeling tools don´t work no more. Can´t seem to get 3dsmax5 to work in this computer :(.

Sorry about the bad texture wraps on the legs, can´t fix them.

Keywords:
Skeleton Rider, Skeleton Cavalry, Skeleton Knight
Contents

SkeletonKnight (Model)

Reviews
10:45, 28th Feb 2015 Misha: well.. I'll be setting this to 'awaiting update' just in case you get your programs working again, or find a friend to fix the model for you :)

M

10:45, 28th Feb 2015
Misha: well.. I'll be setting this to 'awaiting update' just in case you get your programs working again, or find a friend to fix the model for you :)

Em!

Em!

Level 25
I did do the horse from scratch but it was a long time ago, can´t seem to remember from where I took the skeleton horse concept. It does look like human(oid). Anyway like I said in description, I cannot model anymore :(. Go ahead and reject if it won´t pass.

199175_10150118643131451_8173350_n.jpg

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Inspired by Warlords battlecry undead cavalry ?

I really like what you're trying to do here, but your bones are too boxy and you should wrap a more detailed texture to them; you could make them look a whole lot better without having a noticeable impact on the file size. Keep working on this, we don't see skeletal horses often so if you can do this right you'll be very well received.

Unfortunately, it's a 3/5 for now.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I rather like the helmet you've given to the skeleton; that guy alone might make a cool model. : )

As it is, the horse is what's holding this model back. Something about the bone size/shape, just makes him look extra-cartoony (and not in a "warcraft-y" kinda way, unfortunately). A lot of the other, in-game Horses (Dead or Alive) tend to have lots of extra nurnies/wrappings/layers to give them presence (and, probably, to save the modelers having to model each rib & bone as you've done :p). Meh?

Still, neat stuff.