• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[SD/Modeling] Skaven model tweak request (+some more optional changes)

Level 17
Hi guys,

A while ago a friend of mine, Diazon, has made a custom Skaven plague priest model for me – for my Warhammer Fantasy mod.

Sadly, he didn't really finish it and can't return to modelling these days; so I'm stuck with an almost perfect but slightly unfished model version, which is very saddening to me.

Can someone please rescue me? :D I have "layered" requests, but even the completion of the very first step would already help me very-very much.

Request 1 (minimum): [fulfilled by Ziadoma ]
Remove the banner on the model's back. (I will use the bannered model version as the hero, and the banner-less one will be the unit.)
1704576209131.png

Request 2: add some spell animation (to both models) – just a different looking attack/swing model would really do the trick, since I don't need anything too fancy. Heck, even the final ~.7 seconds of his current "Stand 3" animation already almost look like a spell. The animation can be the same for both models.
1704576663633.png

Request 3: add hero glow to the hero (bannered) model; less importantly, remove horns from the lesser-non hero model, to make these two models even more distinct (the model may even look better with horns, because I have a Censer-Bearer, another unit, who is hornless; so consider the present horn-request less important).
1704579351246.png

Request 4: I need a rewrap of the green cape into brown/reddish/pale/pink, so that I end up in the end with 4 models. This is for clan Moulder. I'm not sure which texture would work best, maybe even yellow-ish gnoll, or naked (abomination?), or something more saturated-reddish. I don't know anything about wrapping textures, so I can't give much concrete advice, you're probably the better judge ow what would work best. See the pictures as a demo:
1704579408216.png

I am attaching two models: "Skaven_PlaguePriest_v2 - the main model" is the main model, as its filename suggests. The 'ref only...CenserBearer' model I don't really need (it's already a complete model), it may help with your modelling work on steps three and four, since that model doesn't have horns.

Many thanks in advance!!!

PS: I think it took me (way) longer to compile this request than it would've taken Diazon to tweak the models. But I am fully aware that one does not look a gifted horse in the mouth, sadly.

Attachments

• 1704577164952.png
    1704577164952.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1704577999538.png
    1704577999538.png
    504.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Skaven_PlaguePriest_v2 - the main model.mdx
    126.4 KB · Views: 4
  • ref only Skaven_PlagueMonk_CenserBearer.mdx
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: