• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Single Player Map Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
This is a good thread idea, indeed. My suggestion:

Hero Arena.

No, really. Take something like Unreal Tournament -- it's a straight arena, but there's a tournament ladder you want to climb. So what you do is wrap that ladder in characters, from one-shot opponents to your arch nemesis who ganks you every time you play him, to their-eyes-met-across-a-crowded-deathmatch romance sub-plot.

That's how I would have done UT3 (not saying I don't enjoy its current form, regardless). Bring in the RPG-style story-telling aspects to make each match compelling, but without detracting from the original framework.

Level 5
For a while now, it's been my dream to make an MMSPORPG. Or, "Massively Multiplayer Single-Player Open Role-Playing Game." In other words, imagine taking a great ORPG, and removing that crappy 8mb multiplayer limit. Make it as big as you want, spread it over as many maps as you want, create the greatest story wih the greatest gameplay.

You're probably still thinking, "How is it multiplayer?" And my answer to that is an advanced player-like interactive AI. Filling each map with 40~50 heroes that leave and come back, even save-able and can be contacted to come back.

The whole 'Playerbase' not being actual players but just like them. I'd love that. I'd play it in amounts of time equivalent to the frequency that a drug addict takes drugs.

Does anyone agree with me that this sounds like an amazing experience?

Level 10
I am currently working on a single player map campagin. Focusing on the Story of a Talderian (Elf) General called Tidinis. It will focus on how he is trying to stop a demon invasion of his world by finding and defeating several Demon Lords and getting an army. There will be choices in the game. There are demi heroes. There are bosses. And currently I am working on the cinematic. You will have a custom techtree.

This is not set in the warcraft universe.
So differences include
Dwarves are called Ironborn, because they have iron bones and were created in the beginning as solid iron creatures. (But due to evolution they became mortal and now have iron bones)
Elves are called Talderian. Not immortal, but mortal with longer life spans
Humans are called.... Humans.

There are three heroes.
Lord Commander Tidinis- Has buffs for units, has life steal, has healing, and a stampede like ability. Also has a berserk ability called Blood of my Blood. - Healer/Aura buff
Templar Champion Helios- Has Resurrection, hammer fall (basically impale), Holy slam (light meele AOE slows enemies down), and devotion aura -tank
Arch Wizard Salazzar- Has sword of heaven (chain lightning arcane version), Fire burn (soul burn arcane), Summon Fire hounds (Beetles), Star Storm (starfall) also carries a book that allows him to use an earthquake (death and decay), Storm (finger of death but tornado effects as well), and fury of ice (blizzard). -Is very squishy. Will die if you don't take care of him. Main caster.

Food cap is increased to 150, but! Your techtree units are expensive, and cost lots of food as well.
There are 6 Demi Heroes- Please be aware you need to first find these demiheroes before you can use them.
Gryphon Lord- Ironborn Ranged Unit
Knight of the Sword- Meele Unit that has bladestorm (can only train 4 of them at a time, but is not advised as they are extremely expensive)
Talderian Wizard- Spell casting unit- Has very good healing and spell casting abilities (Can only train 3)
The Knight of Stone- Meele unit, slow, but very powerful, Has somes stuns. But if it is by itself. It will die in a snap. It is mechanical.
(Currently Working on the other two)
None of these units can be raised

Hopefully this seems interesting!

Hopefully doesn't seem insane.

Level 10
I suggest a campaign that used 3rd person camera + arrow-key movement. Maps like these are getting less but the games like this are FUN ! Since it's a Single Player game, it won't be very laggy. The point is let people taste something special !

Level 4
Firstly, I completely agree with Vikus about the MMSORPG idea, thing. That would be incredibly interesting, and would definitely be worth spending my time playing.

Secondly is an idea I've been nursing a while, which is a turn based singleplayer RPG/Strategy mix. What I currently have going is an army size based on items, individually armies on a moderately large battle map, and the battles being fought in smaller areas, and heroes being upgradeable and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.