• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Single Player DOMINATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well there are now few players in Wc3 community. And if there are Dota Players..

So I would like to give some advice.. i think in this generation we should focus on Single Player and less on Multiplayer..

Do you agree?... If no then dont rage just tell me why..

Actually I am doing map in single player now.. cause yeah few players...

Level 6
Actually this is thread is different from yours.

The purpose of this thread is to want map makers that..

If your creating multiplayer maps make sure that you can assure that there are people who will play it but if your just dreaming that there will be lots of people playing it online?.. nah forget it because the answer is no.

All I want is to prevent modders in wasting their time and effort on making awesome multiplayer maps because only people nowadays care about it since wc3 is pretty inactive.

The best example is FORSAKEN BASTION FALL. An awesome AOS which is cancelled due to this problem.

HEED MY WARNING!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
well... games have moved away from rts the only popular rts like games are lol and dota 2 most games today are in first person and rts games are not produced because they are unpopular so yea.. if you want to have a popular project go mod a first person game

Level 32
"rts like games are lol and dota 2"

Not even.

"i think in this generation we should focus on Single Player and less on Multiplayer"

I don't know man, I'm still playing as much multiplayer as years ago. You have to attract people to your map in different ways, like advertising OR make friends online. That's how I get people to join my unheard of maps.

Level 32
neo sluf said:
An awesome AOS which is cancelled due to this problem.

People absolutely hate "DotA clones (Or any other AoS)" because they hate DotA gameplay or they are loyalists :S

I understand for Garena is down for many but try to find Warcraft 3 online if you have the money. I host the maps I make, but I make sure I know people will play them by thinking of the concept. "Will people like this?" I cancel the maps I believe people will dislike and continue to host maps I created that people join.

Personally, I will get extremely bored in single player anything.

PS: Maps I host aren't uploaded on Hive atm.

Level 21
I've made my last few maps so that they can be played both in singleplayer and multiplayer by design. For instance, in a survival map the strength and count of enemies depends on how many players there are. This can be developed further to add a whole new kind of replayability, as players have to choose between specializing and being good in general.
One example of this is the concept of full supports. In a map where you need to kill enemies it might seem pointless to have a character that can't do so. However, there can be characters that make others more efficient at killing stuff.
Purely singleplayer maps are mostly boring though.

Level 23
Personally, I've always preferred to play single player maps than the multiplayer ones, but other than RPGs I don't think other map type/genre/whatever could be as fun in single as they are in multiplayer.

It would be better if maps can be played both ways (single and multi) instead. And in addition to what Xonok have said, with the coop playing, isn't it always better if you're playing with friends or just other players you can chat and trash talk with? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.