• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Allow Single Player RPG Maps into Campaign Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Would it be possible if we allow single player RPG maps into the campaign section? With more and more people just playing warcraft 3 in a non multiplayer setting, it would be far easier if we could have all the single player maps in one section. It is currently incredibly hard to use the filter to limit maps to maximum of one player, and even if this filter were simplified, I think there are enough players who just use War3 in a single player setting to warrant having Single Player maps have their own section/tag. Since the campaign section already has some maps that would be more described as RPG than campaign, could we just start using the campaign tag for single player maps (not including cinematics though, as that section is strictly for non playable maps).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
We could change the campaign tag to singleplayer since we already have a co-op tag and that could be used for the multiplayer campaigns. However, it will be harder to find multiplayer campaigns afterwards.
The problem of keeping the name campaign and using it on singleplayer maps is that maps alone are not campaigns and we should avoid the confusion.
The best thing to do would be to create another tag called singleplayer or make the search work properly. I've tried searching for 1 player maps but I don't get all of them in the search and I mostly get campaigns.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Ok, I am 100% sure I have tried to find the player number, and still cannot. Also, I have had this same issue since 2016, so maybe I have just been skipping over it for 2 years.
Hmm, Ralle wrote it had been fixed there.

I don't know whether it's because I'm a Map Reviewer or not but this is how the search shows for me, starting it from Maps (advanced search/filter). I don't think it matters where you start the search from. You could just click the green More button when searching with the search bar on the top right of the site's pages. What does matter is for you to select the resource type you're searching for, as seen below (second picture):
MapsSearch01.png MapsSearch02.png

Status
Not open for further replies.