• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gyro's Ideas - Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Ok, after a long, somewhat inactive period on the Hive, I've been working on two possible RP ideas. I'm seriously considering a comeback to the world of warcraft modding, forum roleplaying and in general being on the Hive. But, to get to the point. I've created, or at least partially created two Roleplaying worlds (as my grand Sci-Fi universe, which I've worked on for almost a year, is nowhere near even complete) in which I think about setting roleplays.

The first of them, a result of the Poll I created before christmas, is a Steampunk alternate universe set to the early 1900s, where the players have access to many ways of playing in an extremely open world (compared to the next).

The second idea is a more recent one, in which the players take control of either a member of the Ground Recon, an expeditionary force sent down to scout planets before colonization, or an unknown alien race (which I haven't finished planning yet). The background for the second world, or idea, was actually the fun I had playing as a member of a squad of marines in Terraneos Legacy. While the RP turned out to be extremely nonserious, the way of organizing the players into members of the same general band ensured that the plot went onwards, and that all players could be part of the same action. Now I'm not sure if anyone of you got that, but my idea for this roleplay is to make the players band together, to ensure more fun and teambuilding.

Now, I'm interested in hearing your opinions on which idea you would most like to play out, and when I feel I've got enough response, I will put up a construction thread for the selected idea.

So go on! Post your views! Are these ideas total crap? Do you think they're awesome? The word is yours.

Level 19
@Fussiler1: Well, The Steampunk one is set in the early 1900s in an alternate universe where the world is governed by a "race" of immortal sorcerers, these are known as the sorceror kings and queens, and resemble real historical persons. The world's greatest empire is the British Empire, governed by Queen Victoria, they are at war with the Transilvanian empire, the Zulu Empire and a united front of native americans in north america. The Transilvanian empire is allied with the Ottoman Empire and the Scandinavian Union, and is only at war with the British. The world is a mix of steampunk, magic and some western elements. I was thinking about limiting people to creating characters from one city, but that is about the only limit there is.

Level 19
@Tleno: Don't get me wrong, the Russian Empire (or at least what remains of it after the great war in 1879) is still there, as is many of the south american nations, they're just not that important in this alternate universe. What do you mean by moving it closer to WWI? It is supposed to be steampunk, so I've got to take a quite different approach. Besides, this is not a total description of the roleplay! This is more of a "Sneakpeak".

Level 27
@Tleno: Don't get me wrong, the Russian Empire (or at least what remains of it after the great war in 1879) is still there, as is many of the south american nations, they're just not that important in this alternate universe. What do you mean by moving it closer to WWI? It is supposed to be steampunk, so I've got to take a quite different approach. Besides, this is not a total description of the roleplay! This is more of a "Sneakpeak".

Well, maybe you;re somewhat right, I mean I'm pretty sure they already had most of things neceseary to World War 1 invented at begining of 20th century - including rifles, somewhat fully-automatic weapons, some heavy machinery and such...

Wait, may you describe the factions more? The Transilvanian empire sounds like the one that uses dark magic and has a vampire as a leader... that would be an intresting faction...

Level 19
The Transilvanian Empire is probably the darkest and most advanced of the empires. They own most of Eastern and Central Europe, including Germany and Italy. Have bolt-action service rifles (compared to the british breech-loader) and have colonies in indo-china and Northern Africa. I haven't thought about their leader yet, or at least not much, but he is probably a decendant from Vlad the Impaler, also known as Dracula, son of Dracul.

But, am I getting this right? You want to play in the Transilvanian Empire?

BTW: I've got a shitload of weapons drawn for this

Status
Not open for further replies.