• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Simulating a Stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys, is there a way to simulate a stun without actually pausing a unit? I need a way to sort of stun the target instantly but at the same time not pausing it, since pausing disables some of the units interface.

Level 13
Use a dummy unit to cast stormbolt on the affected unit. (With Changed values of course.)

Or, you can lock their location to the point by using: (In a short interval)
  • Unit - Move unit to (Position of (XXX Unit))
This would cause all their orders to be interrupted, and they would not be able to move at all. Note, The above trigger leaks.

Level 8
Yes i know it leaks, i have been triggering for quite a while now, but as i asked i need an instant way to stun the target, storm bolt is just too slow, and spam moving it to one position will not be enough as they can still use abilities that are based on frenzy.

Level 8
Well, people would be able to see that it isnt actually stunned though and would notice what i am doing, i have seen instant stuns done in various games before without pausing said unit.

Level 33
Who said Storm Bolt is slow ?
You can adjust its Art - Missile Speed, you know ?
Hold Shift + Enter on the field, and set to as highest value as possible, try it.

Make sure create dummy at the position of the soon-to-be-stun unit, that will make it more faster process (haven't test this theory, you should try it)

Status
Not open for further replies.