• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So, this is a simple valley I made. What do you think about it?
Valley2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
It's rather nice :thumbs_up: What I will suggest is adding a little more tile variation to the grass, and maybe some more environmental doodads, such as rocks and things, and perhaps a couple of different variations of trees to make it a little more interesting, but other than that it's good!

Level 34
Nice work. Although I think you should add bushes and plants in the trees to make it more forest like. I also think the hills look funny because there are trees at the base but none actually on it, maybe put some on the hills or rocks if you want them to "rocky".

Level 6
Ugh rocks on hills is sooo ugly i dont know how people like that~

Anyway, simple hit the point on the screenshot.

I see 3 different tiles, or am i blind? Use some texture variations, there are so many grass tiles. Also the hill can use a second tile.

Imho the trees are all the same size, give them variation.

I dont like these pointy hills use the smooth tool.

Any idea why there are thousands of grass doodads infront of me but noone in the background?

I also though farms had always a barn or something, caus they need to get food on their own and need many animals and their own fields.

Why there is a pier without a boat?^^

I would like to see animals.

End conclusions: Looks more like a nice WIP screen good work anyways.

Level 7
Ugh rocks on hills is sooo ugly i dont know how people like that~

Any idea why there are thousands of grass doodads infront of me but noone in the background?
There's rock on the "hills" because they're actually small mountains. And there's no grass doodads in front of you because the background is far so you can't notice straws there...

Level 7
You need to create that feeling that the mountains are far away, right now it feels like they're just hills a couple feet away.

Level 25
Flaws: The mountains are too low and too pointy in some areas. You must add more mountains behind the other mountains to make it look more real as well. Don't make it look like the mountains are just big mounds with pointy tips.
I don't really like the trees you've chosen to place all around the map. Too dark of a green color and definately doesn't blend at all with your fog that you've set.
Goodies: Forest in the background looks good :)
Fair amount of environmental grass doodads placed.
Pond/Lake looks decent.
~Craka_J

Level 7
Very good improvement, but you should still add some more doodads near the mountains, and some more tile variation. The mountains look like mountains now, and it looks pretty nice.

Level 8
I do not know how many tiles you have used on your map, however if you use something like sand and grassy dirt you can make "cracks" in your solid sheets of rock adding interest in walls of rock. Making certain that sand and grassy dirt are way over to the right so their edges smooth over the rock.

A small (very small) example is in my attachment. The cliff in that image is "short" and the camera is close up - however on a wider, larger area of rock from a greater distance the "lines" blend in better and give character to the rock face.

Just a suggestion. :)

Attachments

• Cliff_example.JPG
    Cliff_example.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.