• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Orgrimmar WIP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It's been a while and I descided to put a few more WIP's up.

1-3,7: Valley of Honor (added and redone some buildings)
4 : Steemwheedle Valley (new zone, verry early WIP)
5-6 : Valley of Wisdom (also very early WIP)
8 : A total overview

Attachments

• OG WIP 10.JPG
    OG WIP 10.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 687
  • OG WIP 11.JPG
    OG WIP 11.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 408
  • OG WIP 12.JPG
    OG WIP 12.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 430
  • OG WIP 13.JPG
    OG WIP 13.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 401
  • OG WIP 09.JPG
    OG WIP 09.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 639
  • OG WIP 14.JPG
    OG WIP 14.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 397
  • OG WIP 15.JPG
    OG WIP 15.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 351
  • ORG OVERVIEW WIP 03.JPG
    ORG OVERVIEW WIP 03.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 518
Level 7
It's coming along really nicely. I look forward to seeing the finished product. My only thing is that in the fourth shot, the bright green color is a little distracting and doesn't play well into the rest of the colors.

Level 34
Don't like the temple. Not only is it not in Orgrimmar, but it doesn't fit your terrain.

Level 34
Why not? Just because it's not in WoW doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. Plus, it looks awesome :p

Maybe one suggestion for the temple is to use different pillars, or tint them so they are less green.
My bad! I thought he was basing it off of the WoW Orgimmar. I looked closer and can see that it's not at all.

I suppose it's alright to have. Although it seems out of place. There's too much of a difference between a temple and the rest of Orgrimmar.

Level 45
The troll temple doesnt fit, and they would not make a troll temple in orgimmar as it makes no sense as orgrimmar is truely to cater for orc architecture regradless on which races live there. That is my say on it, i dont care for your "It doesnt have to make sense with "wow"s orgimmar". Regradless the temple doesnt fit, meaning its not appealing. You are having clashing environments.

Level 6
I see there has been a discussion over the likeliness of a troll temple in both my made up Orgrimmar as the one seen in WoW.

#1: May I refer you to my first Orgrimmar post where I do state it's only like semi-based on Org as seen in WoW: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=576280#post576280

#2: I'ts still a WIP, ofcourse I'll still change a lot, and if it seems still be out of place when it's finished I might delete it.

#3: Thanks for the sugestions about the architecture and coloring.

Last edited:
Level 6
Srry for dubble posting.

Ok I've added some stuff and tried to make the trollish and orcish architecture blend in more.

1-6: Added and updated some stuff to Valley of Strength and Steamwheedle Valley.
7-9: Updated the temple and did an attempt to make it blend more in with the rest.
10 : An Orcish house i'm working on

Attachments

• OG WIP 17.JPG
    OG WIP 17.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 304
  • OG WIP 20.JPG
    OG WIP 20.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 307
  • OG WIP 19.JPG
    OG WIP 19.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 205
  • OG WIP 18.JPG
    OG WIP 18.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 802
  • OG WIP 16.JPG
    OG WIP 16.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 560
  • OG WIP 21.JPG
    OG WIP 21.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 462
  • OG WIP 22.JPG
    OG WIP 22.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 178
  • OG WIP 23.JPG
    OG WIP 23.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 230
  • OG WIP 24.JPG
    OG WIP 24.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 210
  • OG WIP 25.JPG
    OG WIP 25.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 149
Level 36
So what.. He put a Steamweedle Valley there too. Nobody has brought that up, either. It seems fine.

Just add some more Orcish features to it.

Steamwheedle Valley (not under the same name) was in the Frozen Throne orc campaign.

@parkietje... looks much nicer now, it still looks trollish which is good, but it also looks sun-baked like it should after being under the hot barrens sun for so long.

4 and 5 are great. Very WoW-like. #6 is good as well, because the sunken down look gives it the warlock/danger style. Which makes sense because of the Warlock/Voidwalker standing there and the dangerous kodos... ^_^

The troll stuff needs more things like Orc Flags, those big mountain things that you used in #4 and such. It is very good though.

Level 34
That's not good. Now I don't want to start a flame war but WoW terrain is really REALLY bad.
I'd like to disagree, but this isn't the place I suppose.
I still don't really think the temple fits, but it looks good nonetheless. I'd add more units walking around. Or no units. Or less on the walls looking like they are about to battle. Looks lame IMO.

Level 6
Or less on the walls looking like they are about to battle. Looks lame IMO.
They are standing ready for battle in the cinematic i'm going to make involving this terrain.

Steamwheedle Valley (not under the same name) was in the Frozen Throne orc campaign.
Didn't knew that:p, I thought it up cuz I like goblins :grin:.

Last edited:
Level 10
Hm, but where did they get this type of rocks. Or do you think It's possible to found this rocks in barrens? ANd so many green plants on the pilars and temple. This just don't fit...

Level 6
The discussion about the temple has already been carried out in the previeous posts. And for the rocks, the material your house has been made from can be from all around the globe, so why can't this type of rock be here? I mean Kalimdor isn't that big.

Level 6
Well, they have zappelins, and silk was already imported through whole azia and europe when the fastest transport we had was a horse.

Ok now let's end it :p

Level 6
Well they dragged massive rocks of a couple of tons through whole egypt and built massive pyramids out of it.

Will this end it^^?

Status
Not open for further replies.