• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Spell Request [GUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone!

I'm here to request a spell that looks pretty simple but I do not know how to create. The spell is a passive.

Description: Whenever the hero casts a spell, a lightning bolt strikes all enemy units in a 550 AoE around the hero, dealing 20/45/70/100 pure damage. This skill also grants the hero Lightning type attack with a 35% chance to cast a forked lightning dealing 75 damage to 4 units.

Whoever can manage to create that for me will get +rep!
Thanks in advance :grin:

Level 9
I've uploaded a test map
If you have any question regarding the map, feel free to ask ^_^

I took your testmap and checked it, it was full of MEGA leaks.

I fixed everything, every tiny bit of mistake you made. Made the spell more efficient. Made it that if you die or get your buffs removed, you get the dummy spell again.

although the damage is 25/50/75/100 since i couldn't make a formula for the numbers you asked :)

Actually credits goes to defskull (since he was first :() and yeah, the testmap i remaked is more efficient and the way you asked, less computer cost, less dummies spawned and without leaks.

Tiche3

Attachments

• Thundra (Passive and Active).w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 44
Level 4
>.< I took a look at the map, but I think I didn't explain it really well.
The spell is just a passive. Whenever the hero casts any spell, he will call those lightnings to strike the units around him. Also, its all one single spell, not two.
If you could manage to fix that, i'd be thankful. Btw, I don't mind about the dmg being 25/50/75/100.

Thanks for the effort anyways ^^

Level 9
Haha +0.06 file size =D
Why bother do the Formula ?
Just Set the level of the ability, pre-set the ability in Object Editor dude ?

Because if i would not do a formula, it would be like.

Current:

• Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Picked Unit) dealing (25 x (Real(Level of Thundra for (Triggering Unit)))) damage of type Chaos and damage - type Unknown.
Without formula
  • If (All Conditions) are True, then (Do Actions) else (Do Actions)
    • If - Conditions:
      • (Level of Thundra for (Triggering Unit)) is equal to 1
    • Then - Actions:
      • Set CasterLoc=(Position of (Triggering Unit))
      • Set AOE=(Units in 550 of CasterLoc, matching (Matching Unit) is alive and (Matching Unit) is an enemy of (Triggering Unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick (All units) in AOE and do actions:
        • Loop - Actions:
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Picked Unit) dealing 25 damage of type Chaos and damage - type Unknown
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect origin of (Picked Unit) using buffs/moonsoon.mdl
          • Set Thundra_Effect=(Last Created Special Effect)
          • Special Effect - Destroy Thundra_Effect
      • Else - Actions:
        • If (All Conditions) are True then (Do Actions) else (Do Actions):
ETC ETC ETC

That's why :)

And yeah, about the second spell, since you mentioned (casts any spell), that spell is for testing and it goes in the words ANY SPELL. (It's just for testing purposes)

Tiche3

Level 33
I agree less or more about pure damage he wants it =D
Yes, Tiche was right, the TESTING spell that I've created was just... for TESTING =p

EDIT:
Uploaded a new test map, updated the last one
No longer uses Buff to work, it will create problems and issues if the buff was removed or something
Uses another condition, and it works =D
Easier to maintain, more efficiency
Massive leaks are cleaned

Attachments

• Thundra (Passive and Active).w3x
    17.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.