• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Simple Request] Un-clickable model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

There is this certain model,which is un-clickable(it doesn't have anything to do with locust ability) and i think its the modeller's fault because it's probably un-clickable because of collision shapes.That model issue,prevents the map development update....

The model is in the attached file

Fixing that,will make me happy af,since im struggling 3 days to fix it with no success...

Attachments

• FlyingMarine.mdx
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
Level 4
Well,I'm deeply sorry,I posted the wrong model.... (was ultra-sleepy when i posted this thread),will give u both +rep for fast reply,though because your effort would go to waste otherwise!!

By the way here is the model that is un-clickable (sorry again,for misguding your effort :( )

Attachments

• Flying marine.mdl
    234.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Flying marine.mdx
    86.7 KB · Views: 47
Level 22
If you have Magos War3Model Editor, adding collision box is fairly easy. If I recall correctly (I'm using hive through mobile phone), go to Node Manager and Right Click and select Add Node. Then choose the collision type node and there you can configure the collision box length/width or collision radius if you choose a collision circle.

Level 4
@A Void Well,I realized you addded collision shapes and now,it's barely clickable(before, you couldn't click-select it at all),but it seems it's not the collision shape issue :cry:
Hence, it's still unclickable,but great thanks for the effort

@Flux Thanks for the tip,if I have any model issue except this,now I know what to do :infl_thumbs_up:

Thanks for the reply +rep to you both!

By the way,it works perfectly,animations and such But that issue is serious... :goblin_cry:

Level 14
@A Void Well,I realized you addded collision shapes and now,it's barely clickable(before, you couldn't click-select it at all),but it seems it's not the collision shape issue :cry:

I checked his model and he did not add any collision shape in fact (You can notice both that and the original version had the same file sizes), hence why it was still unclickable.

Anyway, I added collision shapes again to this one, I tested it in-game to make sure too and I can indeed assure it is clickable now, I even took a screenshot to prove it.

%C2%A0-png.243448

Notice the cursor is green while hovering over it which means I can click over it.

Attachments

•  .PNG
     .PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
  • Flying marine.mdx
    87 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 14
Are you sure? It's working for me. You guys probably didn't even bother to test it out. Adding collision shapes is optional, you don't need to do that.
He said it was clickable, but barely, I assumed what you did was calculate extensions instead, which still works, but it relies on the thickness of the model, so it's overall much harder to click, it's really only useful for buildings more than units.

Collision shapes are there to make clicking much easier and less tedious, there's really no reason not to use them, a hard-to-click unit can be a pain sometimes, especially because this model has so many animations where he's floating/running/charging, and considering how in a RTS game your camera view is so afar the models shrink in size, your range to click is reduced as well, you either try to click a stick figure, or a sphere/board.

Last edited:
He said it was clickable, but barely, I assumed what you did was calculate extensions instead, which still works, but it relies on the thickness of the model, so it's overall much harder to click, it's really only useful for buildings more than units.

Collision shapes are there to make clicking much easier and less tedious, there's really no reason not to use them, a hard-to-click unit can be a pain sometimes, especially because this model has so many animations where he's floating/running/charging, and considering how in a RTS game your camera view is so afar the models shrink in size, your range to click is reduced as well, you either try to click a stick figure, or a sphere/board.

True, but you shouldn't say something false before looking into it. I made unclickable geosets clickable and calculated extents.

Level 4
@A Void Well,we tested it A LOT(I want to test 100% its good,which is the reason I don't insta-reply and because I don't like editting reply),and yes it was somewhat clickable(not the back though,only the front as you see in picture)

And yes you did put collision shapes and thanks for that(but the issue is not collision shapes)

@Azsure Well,both of you added collision shapes but I doubt the collision shapes is the issue,but special thanks for helping me from the start :wgrin:

You can see the back is totally unclickable,and sideways too(btw the flying animations won't be used, so don't bother with them :wwink: )

I feel so bad that all this effort I requested was wasted because of me :vw_sad:,sorry once more for asking...

Last edited:
Level 14
And yes you did put collision shapes and thanks for that(but the issue is not collision shapes)
Did you download the last version I sent?

I don't think you're understanding what a collision shape is, because his model does not have any, he even said so himself.

To give you an idea, this is what a collision shape is:

1-png.243514
These blue spheres allow you to click them instead of having to click the unit itself, allowing for a wider area to click.

This is the model A Void sent:

2-png.243515
As you can see there are no collision shapes, what he did was calculate extensions, which allow you to click ON the model's mesh itself, but meshes are thin and small in RTS' camera view, this is why collision shapes are used for.

Again, try the model I sent, I uploaded it again now just in case, there is no reason why it would not work unless you didn't use it.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    148 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    137.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Flying marine.mdx
    87 KB · Views: 39
Level 4
I tried both Azhure's model and A Void's model and they didn't work for me, they only worked when the marine was facing towards me.

Status
Not open for further replies.