• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
It would be okay to mix both medieval and modern weapon available... But there is one condition; There must not have magic available. This will make the game-play somewhat similar to Fallout game series.

If magic & medieval weapons are available and you want to incorporate modern weapons into it, try not to implement too modern/futuristic weapons (example: Bazooka, Laser, Nuclear). This will make it somewhat similar to Arcanum game.

In many fps, you have knife as melee weapon. In extension, you can have some others of the same style such as a dagger. A big axe wouldn't be so good, same for a big sword. But having a little axe (tomahawk for example) or a little sword should be ok. For the mace, really i don't think it could be good.

I'm playing crossfire, a fps game, and here is the list of the melee weapons they're : Knife (basic melee weapon), Kris, Kukri, Axe, Shovel and Katana (+ some variations of those).

Well, for now, I have a Katana, and dual-wielded Kamas (little scythes). I plan on implementing a spear, big hammer, Kusari-Gama (chain with a kama on one end and heavy ball on other end; yes it does exist), bow, crossbow and bow. I liked the idea of having modern weapons, like in Final Fantasy, so I think I will be adding Shotgun, Assault Rifle, dual-wielded Pistols and possibly Rocket Launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.