• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Simple Missile Arc Spell w/ AoE damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi I'm still a beginner in trigger spells. I've been looking for a trigger spell missile arc.

>A target AoE ground - Channeling spell, After Caster successfully finish channeling spell, it project a missile arc 0.60 + missile speed of 700 and when hit to the target ground it will explode dealing AoE damage. (channeling spell can be cancel)

*would be great if you can give me a sample spell that i can try to study and edit.
i found a lot of tuts that link into wc3c.net.. sadly.. i can't access the site..

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
So there's Channeling and then there's Casting Time.

A Channeled ability will always go on cooldown/spend mana the moment you begin casting it, regardless of whether you cancel it or not. You would need to use triggers to detect X seconds of complete channeling time for this to work properly, which can be a bit advanced to do.

Casting Time gives you a period of time before the ability casts in which you can cancel the ability without any consequences. It's basically just an extension of a unit's Cast Point. This may be what you want.

Level 7
This missile system does that and has some example spells that work in conjunction to the system Missile System with Arcs in GUI[Kingz]v1.4
Can you figure out how to remove the arcs on the example spells and how to add a new variable that allows to change aoe just like damage can be changed?
thanks I'll try to see the spell.. for the added aoe, I'll try to study the spell first and add a dummy on the last part where it cast a warstomp for added aoe stuff..

So there's Channeling and then there's Casting Time.

A Channeled ability will always go on cooldown/spend mana the moment you begin casting it, regardless of whether you cancel it or not. You would need to use triggers to detect X seconds of complete channeling time for this to work properly, which can be a bit advanced to do.

Casting Time gives you a period of time before the ability casts in which you can cancel the ability without any consequences. It's basically just an extension of a unit's Cast Point. This may be what you want.
thanks, I'll be using channeling spell

Level 20
thanks I'll try to see the spell.. for the added aoe, I'll try to study the spell first and add a dummy on the last part where it cast a warstomp for added aoe stuff..
I like the thinking of adding a stomp to the last part, since thats a good spot to differentiate between spells if fore example one spell should deal damage and another spell apply slow to units in aoe. That could be achieved with two integer variables that is set on spell cast, and the other at init and then checked at the last part with an if/then/else condition.

To add such variables to this system is rather easy. For the aoe of the spell, create two variables, set one variable in example spell and the other variable in init (look at how the damage variables are implemented as an example), then add it to the loop where it fits. In this case it fits at
  • Set VariableSet MS_temp_group[MS_index[3]] = (Units within 85.00 of MS_temp_point[4] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of MS_player_
where you replace 85.00 with the variable.

I might have thrown you into the deep end of the pool here XD. The system deals damage at the missiles height every instance which means every time the loop trigger runs at 0.03 seconds. The good solution would be to add another variable to remedy this but I guess setting new aoe variable to 0 in example spell could work aswell, at the cost of some efficiency.

The reason I chose this system is because it is shows how many of these systems work, yet is fairly easy to understand, is modifiable and has a couple of extra quirks like damage each instance and arcs.

Last edited:
Level 7
I like the thinking of adding a stomp to the last part, since thats a good spot to differentiate between spells if fore example one spell should deal damage and another spell apply slow to units in aoe. That could be achieved with two integer variables that is set on spell cast, and the other at init and then checked at the last part with an if/then/else condition.

To add such variables to this system is rather easy. For the aoe of the spell, create two variables, set one variable in example spell and the other variable in init (look at how the damage variables are implemented as an example), then add it to the loop where it fits. In this case it fits at
  • Set VariableSet MS_temp_group[MS_index[3]] = (Units within 85.00 of MS_temp_point[4] matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of MS_player_
where you replace 85.00 with the variable.

I might have thrown you into the deep end of the pool here XD. The system deals damage at the missiles height every instance which means every time the loop trigger runs at 0.03 seconds. The good solution would be to add another variable to remedy this but I guess setting new aoe variable to 0 in example spell could work aswell, at the cost of some efficiency.

The reason I chose this system is because it is shows how many of these systems work, yet is fairly easy to understand, is modifiable and has a couple of extra quirks like damage each instance and arcs.
really appreciate for the advice.. I'll try adding it. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.