• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wurst] Simple Frame Pop Up system

Hello, I wrote a small piece of code to generate frame that pop up, get listed on the side and gets pushed upward, goal was to reproduce dota 2 notifications frame upon item purchase, or League of Legend notifications upon kill.

git repo: Jaccouille/wurst-pop-up-ui
BlissfulLoathsomeHarvestmen-size_restricted.gif

I'm sharing it in the hope of getting feedback/direction in order to improve it, maybe make it more generic if possible/worth it, also could be useful to some one.

I haven't tested it in multiplayer yet.

Last edited:
I don't know why but the toc file fails to load, so I cannot test it. I tried importing directly into the map after putting the file in the imports folder. Neither method loaded the toc file.
Hello, I just cloned the repository, updated the project through WurstSetup and had no trouble running/testing the pop up.
Can you share more information? What are the path of the toc & fdf file?

The paths for toc & fdf are war3imported\filename.ext. Ok, just now I try to add your project as a dependency via WurstSetup to see if it would made any difference. However, WurstSetup only downloaded the folder but not any file.
You are right, I tried that too and got same result, I don't know why it doesn't work, so I guess the only option is to copy the code.

Hello,

I haven't been around WC3 in a while, so I won't update this script.

I failed to solve the issue mentioned in the previous post.
I didn't test this on multiplayer so possible desync.
The system wasn't fine-tuned, if there are too many pop up created at the same time, their frame position might get wrong and overlap each other.
Moreover, I saw someone on the Wurst discord who had a similar system but looked neater so I kind of lost motivation to improve this one.
I had a use case for this, but a simple text display proved to be more viable/reasonable/safe desync wise than a bunch of custom frames.