• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege of the Ancients 2.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Mgeterno11
Download this map please

From the resource of Ryoko and Kelendras' DotA template

Please post feedbacks

A Hero Siege Game. Just like DotA... 40 unique heroes. Special thanks to the people who plays this game. For feedbacks, contact me: [email protected]
This is also my email add at facebook.... I'm sorry for the last upload i haven't fixed it.

Keywords:
SotA, sota, wars, icecrown, AoS
Contents

Siege of the Ancients 2.5 (Map)

Reviews
12:20, 10th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Isn't this edited dota template. Template map should be leak free.

M

12:20, 10th Jun 2011
-Kobas-:
Isn't this edited dota template. Template map should be leak free.

Level 10
I'd like to say a few things on this map. I have not downloaded it, mainly because you don't tell anything about the map in it's description. The same thing goes for most of the other people here on the Hive.

In your map description, you shouldn't just say "Download this map please". Instead, tell us things like what makes this map special, what's on the map, what different heroes are available for play, who are the two different teams on your AoS map, etc.

Basically in your description, answer for us the question "Why should I play your map?"

Level 3
Im so sorry I think I would change that cause at first I don't know how to change thaat so sorry... well anyway my map is unique cause it has many model files and it has two types of boss creeps. Why don't you try it....:ogre_haosis:

Level 10
Maybe you should take a look at some other maps that have been approved and see how they have made their description. Making a nice, long, informative description is the key to getting most people to download your map. Just letting you know how it works around here...

Level 10
Well there are many things that contribute to the filesize of a map. Mostly imported resources. Any unused resources (icons, models, music, random useless crap that you imported by accident but didn't realize it :D, etc.) that you have imported into your map should be deleted.

Oh, and music is a big one. If you have any music imported into your map that you don't need, you should delete it. Try not to use extremely large sound files, as they usually take up a lot of space.

Map preview images usually don't take up that much space, but I guess if it's big enough it could take up a little bit of space. That probably isn't a problem here, since you had that all along.

If you imported A LOT of useless crap, that could also do it. But really, importing models and icons to use for your map isn't bad enough for the map to gain approximately 10 MB over night.

I don't really know how the filesize jumped up that high, but if I had to place a bet on what I think happened, I'd put my money on imported music files.

Oh and before I forget, try using some BB Codes to spice up your description when you get around to improving it.

Level 3
Well there are many things that contribute to the filesize of a map. Mostly imported resources. Any unused resources (icons, models, music, random useless crap that you imported by accident but didn't realize it :D, etc.) that you have imported into your map should be deleted.

Oh, and music is a big one. If you have any music imported into your map that you don't need, you should delete it. Try not to use extremely large sound files, as they usually take up a lot of space.

Map preview images usually don't take up that much space, but I guess if it's big enough it could take up a little bit of space. That probably isn't a problem here, since you had that all along.

If you imported A LOT of useless crap, that could also do it. But really, importing models and icons to use for your map isn't bad enough for the map to gain approximately 10 MB over night.

I don't really know how the filesize jumped up that high, but if I had to place a bet on what I think happened, I'd put my money on imported music files.

Oh and before I forget, try using some BB Codes to spice up your description when you get around to improving it.

Ohhh.... so that's why, no wonder, I placed many unused imported files at this map..... well anyway thank you very much you have been a great help for me. I hope to see more of your maps and learn from you. Thank you for those BB Codes... It also helped me....

Level 10
Not a problem at all my good sir. If you need anything else, just let me know. I'm glad to have helped you. As soon as that filesize comes down, I'll download the map and try it out.

EDIT:
OK! Downloaded! Well, it's like 4:15 AM right now where I live, so I better go to sleep before I pass out on the keyboard. :D

Last edited:
Level 15
Hi. I think it is a good map and i lked the items, the heroes, and other things,too. I agree wiht Slayer14, you should improve the description. actually, i had this problem, too, when i registered a few monts ago.
Another advice: if you have many icons and models in your map why don't you set them to your heroes and units? But you shoud delete the resources whick you don't need. .)