• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conquest of Warcraft 2.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Play as one of the twelve pre-warcraft powers as the whole world prepares for the eventual demon invasion. This is a spawn based game, an attempt to someting like Lordaeron Tactics bit with a wc1-wc3 timeline. If you see any holes in lore/ want a hero to be added, post it.

v2.5: -More heroes
-Less Players
-Alterac is now owned by brown (Ogres)
-All round hero balancing

As of now im not going to try to make another version.

Keywords:
Warcraft, lore, spawn-based
Contents

Conquest of Warcraft 2.5 (Map)

Reviews
22:52, 8th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
Ditto, improve description and add some screenies. Those mini-maps can be ever so deceiving as to have in game terrain looks.

Level 35
One thing that all submitters (noob and pro alike) must remember is that the description is how you tell people that your submition is worth downloading. After all, it's the first thing people see!

What I want to know is how to play the game, what new ideas you've implemented, what races are included, that sort of stuff. Only when I know that can I truly make the decision as to whether or not to download your map. Until then, though, I won't bother :/

Level 13
Tested it :

- Bad Terrain
- Bad/no description
- Many names are spelled wrong
- Unbalanced
- No events or something special
- No custom spells

+ Many different races
+ Custom models

My rating: 1/5

Level 35
The real question is, what is balanced? If you keep asking yourself that question, you will always be testing your units against their strengths and weaknesses, and if you find that a particular unit absolutely shreds what it's strong against but has a close match with its weakness, then it's unbalanced.

AND FIX THE DESCRIPTION! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S IN THIS MAP!!

Without a proper description, I am forced to actually wade through all the posts on the map to find a review done by someone who has actually played the map. Fortunately, someone has done that on the first page, but according to him, the map is not worth my time or download limit. So, by not filling out a proper description, we have no idea what you intended to do, and therefore cannot help you at all. By not telling us what features the map implements, you don't exactly 'wow' your audience. By putting the bare minimum in your description, you have left all your promotional power to the first person who reviews your map, who found it to be unworthy and rated it a 1/5.

After all, it's pretty random when you read the description and just see 'added option to allow Ironforge to open its gate' as the most informative sentence of the whole description.

Level 8
I'm currently helping Vahir by getting better terrain, more lore accuracies, incorporating Quel'Thalas to Azeroth, adding more units and I'll also send him a descritpion to copy/paste into the description. Have patience every one, wait 1-2 weeks and the new version will be out ^^. But please feel free to DL this map and send your ideas to me because 2 or 3 or even 100 minds are better then one.

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Rejected

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.