• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sick & Tired of Windows 7 Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
SOLVED.
I bought this laptop a few months ago, did the default setup, Windows 7 and etc, and the problem I keep encountering is the tedious and annoying as hell command of having to use Run as Administrator over and over again. Some programs don't require me to do this, but its confusing as hell when I run something I wouldn't think would require me to Run as Admin and they just sit there idly for like 5 minutes before I realize that I had to Run them as Admin, one example of this is whenever I run Diablo 2, it would just sit there and not do a thing. It's getting very very annoying now since it blocks me from modifying my own text documents in my folder, saying I don't have permission from the Admin to modify that folder, EVEN THOUGH IM THE ADMIN, LOGGED IN WITH THE ONLY USERNAME ACCOUNT ON THE COMPUTER!!! In short I'm hoping someone can help me out with this annoying as hell problem of Admin permission and etc. Admin Admin Admin security authority permission, as I'm starting to miss Windows XP more and more as each day goes by.

Last edited:
Level 9
I like Windows 7, the only program I have to run as admin is WC3 to get onto BNet.

Thanks for all your amazing help and advice, it feels like all the problems that I've had with Windows 7 faded away after what you said. Truly I am inspired, and I have you to thank for it, you're the flickering bright light in my hopeless and perpetually dark cave devoid of hope, if ever there were a Messiah, then it would be you sir, for you have helped redeem me of my blasphemous ways of criticizing the great gospel that is Windows 7. From this point on I devote myself to you and your cause, it is the least I can do for the salvation you have given me.

Solved: Thanks to he who is the shining light in all of our hours of darkness.

Level 9
Do you have a problem with my stating my opininon..?

What? No, ofcourse not, I wish everyone would state opinions as helpful as yours in a thread that was made in an effort to try and solve issues with Windows 7 Administration security being a hinderance to using a computer. Clearly the purpose of this thread was to obtain a general opinion about the Windows 7 operating system from Hive users, and surely not to "solve a problem with the system itself" hell why else would you post here? Well as you can see your post solved my problem, clearly my goal to obtain someone's opinion about Windows 7 was met, and I have you to thank, from the bottom of my heart thank you TwistedImage.

Level 35
Darkness-4ever, may I join you in following TwistedImage as a fellow disciple? I would be truly grateful for the opportunity to see his brilliant mind at work, and would be able to live in eternal happiness in following his footsteps. I have been trying to find relgion for quite some time, but up until now it has been to no avail. Please do let me wander by your side, TwistedImage, for you are a great mind who has much to offer.

Level 9
Darkness-4ever, may I join you in following TwistedImage as a fellow disciple? I would be truly grateful for the opportunity to see his brilliant mind at work, and would be able to live in eternal happiness in following his footsteps. I have been trying to find relgion for quite some time, but up until now it has been to no avail. Please do let me wander by your side, TwistedImage, for you are a great mind who has much to offer.

You and I, we are brothers who were once lost, but now salvation is within our grasp, TwistedImage is our beacon of hope, join me brother! Together we can find redemption not just for ourselves, but for all who have lost their way and fallen. The gospel which our Prophet, TwistedImage, has relayed to us from our lord, shall light our path, and stay the vile hands of heathens and heretics from defiling his Word. Once our numbers are enough my brother, it may even be possible for us to make our presence truly known by creating a new Social Group within the hive, dedicated to carrying His Word so that all may bask in its eternal glory.
Know this now, heretics, heathens, and wayward users, we are coming, we are growing in number, and with TwistedImage as our savior, we shall overcome!

Level 15
Press the Start Button (Windows icon)

Type UAC into the box

Go into Change User Account Control Settings

Set the bar to Never Notify

You'll still have to run things in Admin, but it won't pop up a menu when you do it. To run things in Admin automatically, right click the exe (Not the Shortcut, Wc3 is in C:/ProgramFiles(x86) [no x86 if you run 7 32bit]/Warcraft 3)
Properties, Compatibility Tab, Change Settings for all users, and check the Run Program as Admin

And there you go, all your 7 admin troubles are fixed.

Now give me a cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.