• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sick of losing my map please help

Level 6
Im going to try and see if this works. Every single time I try to use a custom model save for the rare one marked as simple that might work half the time I can keep using the editor no problem but as soon as I save it the next time I try to open it this error pops up hard crashes the map and refuses to open it back. Is there any fix to this or another editor I can use because it's really killing my want to make a map.
Untitled - Copy.png

Also note i have read "use the public test realm." As soon as I try to load in a built up melee map (example being emerald garden) with the triggers and terrain built up so I have a good base using the test realm it auto updates the map into being a none test realm map meaning the custom models hard crash it.

Level 29
I've been hearing rumors about this happening. This could be related to the latest patches by Blizzard. The World Editor often crashes when opening the map because it wasn't able to load up the corrupted custom models.
I highly suggest getting some kind of backups in case you don't want risk of losing your maps.

Level 6
I've been hearing rumors about this happening. This could be related to the latest patches by Blizzard. The World Editor often crashes when opening the map because it wasn't able to load up the corrupted custom models.
I highly suggest getting some kind of backups in case you don't want risk of losing your maps.
from what I know it's 1.32. or was it 13.2? Some combo of that. If I use the ptr to open a 1.31 map it works no issue. But when pulling up a premade map it will auto change it to a 1.32 and up map regardless if it's a 1.31 map or not.

I do make back ups but without being able to use custom models im stuck in the all ready very restrictive game. can't do custom spells, races, units, heros. If I want to make a female druid that can turn into a dragon well sorry that's a custom model can't do it. Wait a dragon mage that can cast custom built spells ha nope.

Let me put it this way. I want you to paint me a picture. It can be anything you want. But you can't use red, green, purple, or blue and it has to be a painting of a house but only of these house types I preselected for you.

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I'm strolling around different communities looking for info about different Reforged versions and 1.32 is often mentioned as the most unstable and absolutely unhealthy for your sanity... Which you already know. Sadly we simply can't fix what Kotick's narcissistic greed corrupted to hell and beyond.

Looks like you're launching WE via game instance connected to Battle.NET or some other Blizzard service. The solution is simple here: Go here, download your 1.31, setup it somewhere where Battle.NET won't detect it, type your RoC CD-key, and forget about launching it with Battle.NET forever... But also enjoy your nice and friendly 1.31 forever.

Level 29
Looks like you're launching WE via game instance connected to Battle.NET or some other Blizzard service. The solution is simple here: Go here, download your 1.31, setup it somewhere where Battle.NET won't detect it, type your RoC CD-key, and forget about launching it with Battle.NET forever... But also enjoy your nice and friendly 1.31 forever.
Really a good solution, but just to remember: You CANNOT use both World Editors (1.31.1 and 1.36) at the same computer, unless you do this trick or using this tool to fix the issues relating to registry.
Also, it's worth noting that you have to purge the entire registry key before installing the older versions to prevent unwanted issues running 2 Warcraft III versions at the same time.

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Yep. It's worth noting that game seems to be okay if kept in multiple versions as long as they have separate folders, but your pre-1.32 WE [and possibly multiple WEs] will stop working when you launch Reforged WE... Then the solution is registry editing that can be a risky thing. Launching Reforged Game does not seem to be impacting pre-1.32 WEs, but Reforged WE does.

OP: If you want to keep multiple versions, I suggest keeping a only a single version for mod development and the rest for playing. And simply never open WEs of these other versions. Otherwise you will be forced to edit registry every time.

Thank you, Bobby! We will be eternally grateful for your bussiness policy, disolving Classic Games team, cutting funds and other shinenigans. You said that you want to take the fun out of gaming. You're doing great indeed, but we're doing better at resisting.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm strolling around different communities looking for info about different Reforged versions and 1.32 is often mentioned as the most unstable and absolutely unhealthy for your sanity... Which you already know. Sadly we simply can't fix what Kotick's narcissistic greed corrupted to hell and beyond.

I will have to take a look at that.

Level 6
Really a good solution, but just to remember: You CANNOT use both World Editors (1.31.1 and 1.36) at the same computer, unless you do this trick or using this tool to fix the issues relating to registry.
Also, it's worth noting that you have to purge the entire registry key before installing the older versions to prevent unwanted issues running 2 Warcraft III versions at the same time.
You know seeing the unessacary hoops we have to jump threw really makes me unable to wait for stormgate..

Level 6
Yep. It's worth noting that game seems to be okay if kept in multiple versions as long as they have separate folders, but your pre-1.32 WE [and possibly multiple WEs] will stop working when you launch Reforged WE... Then the solution is registry editing that can be a risky thing. Launching Reforged Game does not seem to be impacting pre-1.32 WEs, but Reforged WE does.

OP: If you want to keep multiple versions, I suggest keeping a only a single version for mod development and the rest for playing. And simply never open WEs of these other versions. Otherwise you will be forced to edit registry every time.

Thank you, Bobby! We will be eternally grateful for your bussiness policy, disolving Classic Games team, cutting funds and other shinenigans. You said that you want to take the fun out of gaming. You're doing great indeed, but we're doing better at resisting.
Can I load in premade maps? Because I am really bad at tarrain and a premade melee map helps a lot.