• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jassnewgen has ruined my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well I was tinkering with my map and then tested it out on bnet with someone. Aftr I adjusted the custom camera system by taking the interger 10 and increasing it to 20 and then saved. After that I tried to test it and found the map in the folder I put it in. After accessing that folder and clicking the map the area where the teams are shown was blank. I tried starting the map and it tried to start but then quit as soon as the screen tried to get into the loading screen (never made it into the loading screen).

I use the jassnewgen editor if that helps.

***EDIT***

I fixed it by editing a few triggers that may have been responsible for this random reoccurring issue.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It failed to compile the map properly.

This is a common JNGP issue and is fixed simply by resaving.
What happens is it appears to save normally but does not run the full map compiling process. If you test the map at this stage, you will notice it boots you imediatly to the main WC3 menu. If you then save it again, you will notice it saves twice although you only ordered it to do so once. After that occurs it will work normally.

I remember hearing this a few times before and experiencing it a lot but the JNGP team says it is a bug they can not fix as they do not know the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.