• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JassNewGen Won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I downloaded a few patches (I was behind) for Warcraft 3 from battle.net down loader. After that I get this error every single time (So currently I am using another program but it doesn't allow me to make certain terrain unwalkable which I really need). Here is the Error:

"Wehack.dll
Could not redirect CreateFileA"

Then it says Worldeditor121.exe has stopped working.

In case it matters I am using Windows 7. And yes I am running it as administrator.
I also have tried both JassNewGenPack v1.5g and JassNewJenPack v5d
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Still, no adding additional tiles.
You mean allowing one to use the full 16 tile type limit? You can always manually modify the w3e file (terrain mesh file) to have 16 tile types using MPQEdit and either a hacked together program with a w3e API or a hex editor like xvi32 and some computer science skills.

The editor should deal with 16 tiles normally once they have been configured for use.

Level 14
You mean allowing one to use the full 16 tile type limit? You can always manually modify the w3e file (terrain mesh file) to have 16 tile types using MPQEdit and either a hacked together program with a w3e API or a hex editor like xvi32 and some computer science skills.

The editor should deal with 16 tiles normally once they have been configured for use.

Which is complicated enough for hobbyists mapmakers. Any other way currently?

Level 11
If you want to use the feature of the additional tiles in JNGP, so far the best option would be keep a separate warcraft 3 folder with 1.27b version for map editing.

WEX might have additional tile in future, depend on if MindWorX found a way to bring the feature back.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Which is complicated enough for hobbyists mapmakers.
If you do not want complicated then why are you using Warcraft III? One of the most obtuse games to create custom content for...

If the feature really is critical and SharpCraft really does not allow you access to the full 16 tile limit (have you tried?) then make a post about it in the appropriate SharpCraft forum, I am sure it should be relatively easy to implement.

Level 1
"Wehack.dll
Could not redirect CreateFileA"

I am having this issue as well. I don't want to continue using JNGP, but I do need to open it so that I can spend time converting Civilization Wars over so that it can be opened in SharpCraft.
Does anyone know what might be causing the above issue? Is it just the new 1.28.5 version? If I disable the wehack.dll from the lua script, then the Frozen Throne editor opens (but as expected, without the goodies).

My weload.txt log shows the following:
injecting bin\wehack.dll
Could not load bin\wehack.dll
injecting bin\japi.dll
injecting bin\nativepack.dll
injecting bin\loadmpq.dll
injecting tesh\tesh.dll
injecting bin\PELoader.dll​

I'm not sure if the "could not load" bit was BECAUSE of the inability to redirect CreateFileA or resulted in it.

I've done TriggerHappy's self-fix, but that did not address this issue.

Any advice or things to try would be appreciated (preferably not 'second install 1.26 or lower' but if that is the only viable solution, then so be it.).

Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There is little chance JNGP will work on the latest version of WC3. I recommend reinstalling a 1.26 version, doing the conversion and then updating and saying goodbye to JNGP.

At the very least you will need to somehow re-encrypt your CD Keys and add them to the game data MPQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.