• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Newgen breaking my map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, I have been working on updating/fixing this map for awhile with a few others, and in the last week we have come into an issue...

Build number 0033 works perfectly fine, I make some changes, save it as build 0034, and wc3 tft can not load the map, it sees the map, but there is no player data.

So, I load up 0033, it works perfectly fine in game and in editor, I get no errors upon saving it as 0034

Now, here comes the fun part, I open 0033 in world editor/newgen, and re-save it, no changes at all as 0035, just to see if it was something odd, the map is still, unplayable. I noticed the file is ~4kb larger, nothing at all in the map was changed.

0033 was built when wc3 patch 1.25a/b was out, I am now on 1.26a, was there something done in 1.26a that could be causing this? I have reinstalled wc3, and re-installed newgen and so on, but I can't get this to work at all anymore, any version of the map, if I save it using newgen, is broken after the save...

Level 2
Save it twice? Why? :-\
And I can't save it in regular world editor, nor open it, I am still learning map editing, and this map has a lot of jass in it that the previous editor built.

Level 2
Strange, either the double save worked, or the patch I was using was corrupt... Oh well, thanks for the advice, build 0034 and build 0035 are properly working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.