• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Showing item cooldowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how can i get items to display cooldowns? what fields do i have to fill out? for some reason i cant get my items to display cooldowns when i use the abilities they have. the items im using is based on the thunderlizard diamond and has the same exact chainlightning ability, just the icon for the item is different, but it doesnt show a cooldown when i use the item. how do i fix it?

Level 7
Don't you have to set an item to a specific cooldown group, under the item properties there should be a field: "Set Cooldown Group" make sure thats the same as the item ability and it should work. Sorry if you've already tried that I'm no expert.

Level 10
i actually did i already try that and for some odd reason it didnt work, i really thought that was it. does anyone know how to do this?

EDIT: Ahah! I've solved it! you need to have your activatable ability be the first ability listed in the items abilities. thats strange but it works.

Level 7
Hmph i have the same problem. I've made a recipe that needs blinking staff(has blink ability) and boots(that gives move speed). The blinking staff shows the cooldown but when i make it a recipe it doesn't. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.