• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show cooldown on item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there any way to show a cooldown on an item without it being activately used?

I have items with passive abilities that are cooldown based (when you hit an enemy, cast a spell, 5 second cooldown). Is there any way I can make it so the item shows a cooldown like normal?

My current idea is to use charges - 1 charge means it is off cooldown. It will work for what I want it to do, but it won't look as good as showing the cooldown.

Level 12
Oh man charges as the number of seconds remaining is brilliant. I didn't think of that. I was thinking more like 1 charge = cooldown is done, 0 charges = on cooldown.

Thanks for that idea!

Level 12
It's awesome though. You could even make variable cooldown items. Might need to have a version of the item that doesn't have the active ability, though (assuming you use it for active items as well as passive items that have a cooldown for something).

Status
Not open for further replies.