• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inactive Item Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

I've thought of several ways how to cause inactive item to jump on a cooldown, these are problematic and inefficient ways that usually fail to launch.

Are there any efficient and simple way to set inactive and passive item on a cooldown without interrupting hero or messing something up? Item active when hero's life is less or equal to 10% automatically and I want to set it a cooldown illusion, cooldown works on triggers, but how to make item display that it is on cooldown?

Thanks.

Level 6
Create a trigger.
Add those trigger-
If the unit's HP reach 10%
-Then remove the PASSIVE ITEM
-Add ACTIVE ITEM
-Order to use the item
-Then add to a unit group.
-Create another trigger
-EVERY 30 SECONDS
-pick every unit to the unit group
-if pick unit has the ACTIVE ITEM
-REMOVE
-ADD THE PASSIVE

THE TIME DEPENDS ON THE COOLDOWN
-30 SECONDS IF THE COOLDOWN IS 30.
-This will affect the action but not so detected
-In this way you can make a PASSIVE ITEM to have a cooldown
- Use the same ICON,TOOLTIP for the ACTIVE and PASSIVE ITEM.
- Ordering the unit to use the active item will look like the PASSIVE IS USED AND ON A COOLDOWN JUST TO DISGUISE

Level 7
the "berserk" ability doesnt interupt movement and attack for sure
dont know if it interupts channeling, for example

Level 31
Hmm, berserk you say? I'll try giving berserk and ordering to activate and removed afterwards, seting item CD on berserk too.

Ability have no target. When Hero reach 10% HP, trigger instantly set it to 60% and trigger turns itself off for the cooldown period.

@neo_sluf
I have done this way some time ago, but it doesn't look efficient enough. When it is on cooldown, it is active and you can push it, it says it is on cooldown, while you can't push it at all when no cooldown.

I also tried removing item instantly, adding a copy, ordering to use, and replacing the item with inactive again that have the same cooldown group, it worked first time, somewhy later it stopped working.

Edit: No, berserk won't help.

Level 31
It somewhy would not activate immediately. It also ruin ability window for a moment.

I made it likre this:

Remove Item Passive
Add Item Active Perishable
Order to use Latest Created Item

A unit use Item Active Perishable
Wait 0.01
Add Item Passive

So basically after this item is gone for a very short period of time, a small gap is visible between all these actions, but I gonna keep this if no one else comes up with better idea even though this doesn't look to be the efficiency I was looking for.

Level 33
I would do this for you but,
When it is on cooldown, it is active and you can push it, it says it is on cooldown, while you can't push it at all when no cooldown.
This is the default, I can't change it :/

When it's on cooldown, you can press it, but when it's not on cooldown, you can't press it, this is the nature, you have to accept it (if you want it to show cooldown). If you don't want to show cooldown, more simple (using only 1 Item), but since you want it to show, you must accept the fact it will turn out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.