• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should I pre order Warcraft 3 Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I know preordering is bad, but I feel obligated to preorder a warcraft rts even if its going to be bad.
Also, is there going to be a hard copy version of the game (yeah im one of those people...), cause i'd like to have a CD version of the game, but I doubt it.
Any thoughts/suggestions?

it's $30 for standard

Level 21
My stance is a clear: No
You can watch totalbiscuit's video on that matter, which is very detailled.

I simply see no reason to do so in the digital age. They won't run out of copies, will they?

Level 1
Unless there's a significant discount or a great amount of added perks in doing so then absolutely not. Specially for digital copies which developers can probably remove or steal from your account should they happen to ban you. I mean one can make an argument for hard copies as the special additions can be considered collectibles.

Level 6
Yes.

Normally I'm against pre-ordering anything. But I want to show my support to Blizzard for doing this.

Level 6
Wait wait wait wait... What? So pre-ordering does not give you the game earlier than everyone else? Than what the heck is the point of buying it? Is it cheaper?

Maybe it does give access to the beta. It is confirmed that they'll have that. But pre-ordering the standard edition doesn't give you any perks at this moment as far as I know.

Level 6
Oh
I guess I am in no rush, since I bet almost every hive user has those two games.
I also think its possible to play with people from regular to reforge? I might be crazy but i keep hearing about it.
So I guess I don't need to buy it any time soon.

Yes, it is crossplay. Classic and Reforge will be able to play together.

No idea how that'll work with custom games with a lot of custom textures and stuff.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Wait wait wait wait... What? So pre-ordering does not give you the game earlier than everyone else? Then what the heck is the point of buying it? Is it cheaper?

Sometimes companies give excluse pre-order items but not this time AFAIK.
The only reason to preorder is to have it done in advance really, or in my case, make sure I do not spend my money on something else instead of buying reforged when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.