1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Star Missile

Submitted by WaremDarkslayer
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a missile I made out of (believe it or not) the barkskin target model.

For the record, I made this one by setting the Birth animation to stand animation and adding a death animation.Of course I have changed the emmiters a little bit.

Suits a holy hero. Anyway if you liked it and intend to use it in your maps/campaigns etc.
then credits would be appreciated.If you found something wrong or something that does not fit this missile commenting on it would be good.
Edit: I added a couple more particle emmiters to increase the effectish look of it and added a bliz ribbon (for those who dont know what that is exactly but have a general idea about modelling that is a ribbon emmiter) to make it more starlike.
Edit2: Fixed the ribbon emmiter so that it showes from both left and right.
Edit3: After a request from Pharaoh_ I made the emmiters become somewhat bigger
or smaller (I think) when scalled.

Keywords:
Shooting,Star,Missile,WaremDarkslayer
Contents

Shooting Star Missile (Model)

Reviews
16:32, 29th Nov 2009 DonDustin: change the internal name and: DonDustin: the effect looks good now, but the internal name is still the same.
  1. 16:32, 29th Nov 2009
    DonDustin: change the internal name and:

DonDustin: the effect looks good now, but the internal name is still the same.

2. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why do u have a custom interface if u r showing us the missle?.. :S

3. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Seriosuly. Looks nice, but too simple, I think.

4. Warhunter

Warhunter

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You will have to give credits to the maker of the custom interface if you're using it. Because now people can just take it from your map whitout knowing who has made it. I would remove it if I was you.

5. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is really lacking. It's a little bit TOO simple for my taste. Try adding or changing a bit more next time. You could, for example, have added a ribbon emitter to it, or pick a better texture for the particle, maybe even add some sort of a mesh to it, like an arrow or something, and make it all yellow\white and effect-ish. All in all, I suppose it could be useful... But it's really lacking. Try to read some tutorials, we have lots of great tutorials about particle emitters and effects here on the Hive. WC3C.net might also have something.

6. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Problem is; he isnt sharing any maps, only the model.

7. WaremDarkslayer

WaremDarkslayer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to thank you all for the comments. I've updated my model making drastic changes to it and I hope you like it now.

8. Weep

Weep

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I really like the new missile, but there's something weird about the ribbon - it can only be seen if the missile is traveling to the left. It doesn't show up if it moves toward the right.

9. Alfagar

Alfagar

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Looks nice, but you could try to make it looking more like a comet

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    if that's a shooting star, than i'm santa claus >:/
    go find a good star texture.

11. WaremDarkslayer

WaremDarkslayer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To Weep: thank you for the comment.I had forgotten to set the material to Two-Sided.I have updated the model having fixed that.

12. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @ debode. Why can something be "too simple"? I've seen this a lot on this site, a lot of good and useful spells, systems, and models have been shot down and rejected because it was "too simple" There's no need to create a ridiculously elaborate system or model for something so simple, and if it works, why reject it? I'm sure there's someone out there who could use a new little projectile, or a simple unit selection system and is either too lazy or too new, or might just not have the knowledge or tools to do it themselves.

On Topic: I like it, if I'm looking for a new missile or effect I'll give a try

Edit: The interface is from Unwirklich and can be found here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107462

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Teldrassil, it's just that the quality standards here must be at least minimal... Seriously, otherwise people would submit ripped models and footmen with night-elf archer heads all the time. Would you like to see THAT happen? I sure do not. Besides, he updated the model, looks a lot better now. Still got room for improvement, but it's at least better than before.

14. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah I definitely am not liking the sounds of that, but still, I've seen some pretty useful things get turned down because they're "too simple"

I've also seen ripped and stolen maps that have barely been changed at all submitted and accepted, however when someone submits a completely remade and enjoyable game that's simply based off another it gets rejected because it was "stolen"

Ah well, getting too off topic now, I'll stop.

anyways again, nice model.

15. hell gate

hell gate

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i see you use 3x the same texture. remove 2 of them because they are not needed

16. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I'd say a fire ball or magic missile than a shooting star ^^

17. Say_No_To_War

Say_No_To_War

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    looks nice, i think i will use it in the next version of my map, Battleships Crossfire. thx