• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shido's Drawing Board

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
If I make like a splash with bunch of people in Hive, i wouldn't suppose to ping literally every one of them.
Actually I could see you doing just that. However, I'm more understanding of wanting to avoid that level of pinging.

Normally if I make a big project drawing on a single person (single splash count as big work like Shar, Ralle), I message that person for permission and what do they want to depict and gather infomation.
But...
The Kyrbi Remake is technically done in 1 day and more of re-doing old drawing in the past to match modern day.
Oh! Never mind.

I didn't know there was an original. Is that still around?

Speaking of big work, A big splash :infl_thumbs_up: will be uploaded in Janurary 1, simply to start a new year. It's gotta be blasting to be seen.
Looking forward to it. Hopefully you'll ping me. ; )

Level 32
Boing! As the first splash based on existing skin. Have a nice day.

unknown.png

• This is Dune Reaper Firelord in human form, you can see his firelord tattoo in his left arm.
  • Despite being first splash based on a skin, this is the first completed splash as the very first splash [see Last Bloom Couple] was a partial splash without a background.

Last edited:
Level 32
Hello everyone,
Starting from today till the end of August, I will be releasing either one or two works everyday. Buckle your seatbelt, this is Tom Shido on steroid month. :xxd:
Anyway, enjoy the new work here and I have updated to add the entry from Hive Graphic Contest.

Level 32
[Day 1/31]
Welcome to the first day of the August Art Marathon, not sponsored but approved by Ralle for the allowance of temporary thread-bumping skips.

Here how is this function. Today entries will be shown in the main post and then relocated to this post (same date) in the next day. When that day is done, a checkpoint in the calendar will be made for faster redirecting.

For preperation, all the entries will also get their own trivia, although some of them a bit short but at least worth for someone who read too many Shido's Trivia.
[01/08/2022]
semcq1D.png
eDqX0mk.png
BqOACDJ.png
  1. The first picture is a reference to the Black Tortoise from chinese constellations. Interestingly, it's head resemble Hydreigon from Pokemon.
  2. The second picture is heavily inspired by the character named Thunder from Fable series.
  3. The third picture is a broadsword with thread and needle reference. The color scheme might come from character Gwen from League Of Legends.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 2/31]
Welcome to the second day of the Marathon, do you like going to space or having a lovely cat? Here's something for you. <3

Feel free to request what breed of cat or dog that you would like to see.
[02/08/2022]
xJInUOj.png
IgymXQz.png

1. UK, Greenland and partially north america can be seen in the first picture. Although Florida is a bit off.
  2. The second one is a Siamese cat.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 3/31]
Welcome to the third day of the August Art Marathon.

And while this is a marathon, I do end up expecting handicap. Aside the work has to be done in the same day, outside disadvantage take account too.

Anyway, it's still something to work around and try to recover from the arm issue from getting second dose of vaccine.

Have a nice day as always.
S2qwGy2.png
SZ6vVvc.png
8Whwqq6.png

1. The first one is obviously inspiried by the Fire Brewmaster.
  2. The second has no trivia because its meaning left ambiguous.
  3. The thrid one is inspiried by Little Green Man from Toy Story series and presumely Salad Finger.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 6/31] Welcome to the sixth day,
I am a cat-person after all but I can handle dog too, maybe i am too fond of cats.
Btw, feel free to use it as an avatar.
3qDsbWX.png
pacM9sW.png

1. The first picture dog breed based on Scottish Terrier.
  2. The second picture is a request for a cat-dog hybrid.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 7/31] Welcome to the seventh day and the end of the first week for the marathon.
From Birdy to Lochness, it's out of possiblity any creature i can think of.
Have a nice day.
eX7JUnF.png
4BzzwN4.png

The first picture is a pheasant based on Edward's pheasant

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 8/31] Welcome to the 8th day of the marathon.
Don't you love when entire set a teeth need some cleaning? Maybe I said too creepy afterall.
lI3Fl5W.png
ad7DSqV.png

The first picture maybe based on Rambo.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 9/31] Welcome to day nine, do I ever mention i can buff or nerf hive member in Shidoverse? :xxd:
hWxvskk.png

Ash's appearance is based on the hive banner that would later reappeared in Beach splash, the Night party and his own splash, which is confirming that ash somewhat an elemental being.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 10/31] Welcome to the day 10th of the marathon. Even as a child, you can always being adventurous and ambitious right?
86Pz2Gs.png

The panda picture here is dressed like one of those camp scout students.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 14/31] Welcome to day 14 everyone, I told chef that I order a rare steak but he take it too seriously.
Ni4uXWj.png

Originally, this work would call it a Cat-cow but Shido make it too much cow so become a steak cow.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 17/31] Welcome to day 17, I do end up having a party today so works was a bit rush but hey, would you like to glug my vinegar?
fr2AHMv.png

The icon is of course came from Red Rum with a bit parodying Rockstar logo.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 18/31] Welcome to day 18, which is not the day I get to be doing anything because i was not at home. Instead I would share the very first hiveverse works in cord when i was join here.

1660841871204.png

This is one of the rare time Shido don't have new work but rather something wasn't added in drawing board before.

Level 32
[Day 26/31] Welcome to day 26, which... it's an interesting entry today because it's not just art, it's bloody animation
Blink.gif

Although I do the in between animation frame for the blink here, the logo is drawn by people at Red Rum.

Last edited:
Level 50
You’ve got some good works in here. My advice to you is to find artists whose style inspires you and start learning from their works to improve your own. Also I’d recommend you to study about art history. Keep practicing every day and stay determined to succeed. Never be afraid to fail. If you want to be a ‘pro’ artist one day then those are the key things, that and many many hours of practicing. You have got the potential.

Level 32
[Day 27/31] Welcome to day 27! I have to visit my deceased classmate graves so... i'm sorry if my mood wasn't great enough to the point i got late for this one. :angry:
1661625370378.png

Still, it's not something he want my mood like this. So I will continue with a smile.
This picture is just Shido being excuse of joke that she is feared of clown.
Also Thanks Doc

Level 32
[Day 29/31] Welcome to day 29, we are came to the close end of the month so let's make sure one of last can be the shinest moment on the month.
Ro62P75.png

The FlyHop was one of Shido's original character that she make after watching A Bug Life.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 30/31] Welcome to day 30, I will admit the fact i would like to draw a lot of animal too. Even after August Art Marathon over.
jebrBXL.png

The bat may accidentally look like Drake in Hiveverse.

Last edited:
Level 32
[Day 31/31] Welcome to the final day for the August, I'm stealing up my final spot and here I settle a plan for September. But first off, let me run in a news that I'm seeking for a job despite my current mental illness. With almost 90% agree that the goal for me should be recoving my own sanity, this September would be a month where I will go outdoor rather than stay indoor 80% my lifetime.
Anyway, GG August.
5yVqFr5.png

Of course this is me.