• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sherlock Holmes movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
They are using the characters from the book and not that fat moustache sidekick.

EDIT: LIQUOR POISONED MAH POST

EDIT 2: THREE PYS IN A ROW

AND EDIT 3: I KINDA OVERDID IT WITH THE CAPS, DRINKS AND FOOD

Damn I feel shitty

Last edited:
Level 6
Man, Holmes ain't no superhero. In the commercial, he looks like some steampunked version of batman with all the gadgets and actions.

Level 40
Yeah, basically. Ugh, I wish that Hollywood would do something other than (generally mindless) action/superhero movies (superhero movies as in those with a semi-invincible main character whether they are actually proclaimed a superhero or not). If it weren't a fallacy I'd stand behind my belief that no Sherlock Holmes fan would watch this.

Level 27
20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Level 40
actually, the original sherlocks is a fencer, he was a detective, those are always adept at 1 or 2 martial arts... seriously.. get your head out of the box, and just btw, no one wants to see a actionless movie nowadays... thats the sad truth.
Erm, I've read most if not all Sherlock Holmes stories, and I don't recall a single time that he beat someone up.

Also, the modern public has no taste in movies... oh well.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
People today only want to see action, action and more action. And there's no real problem in it, because this movie is great.

Going cult sometimes isn't bad, but some action here and there are absolutely welcomed if you want to be... normal.

Ehh, what I'm doing here?

HFR

HFR

Level 22
One thing that I'll never do is throw a shoe at someone who blames Avatar. That story is really, really stereotyped.

Anyway, back to this action movie, yeah, everything today is adapted into action, even Sherlock.

In fact, I don't think it's really bad, because, if the movie is promoted as an action film, the people will go watch it with explosions, punches and shots in mind, not long conversations and drama.

However, if the action movie is promoted and presented as a drama or thing, this is a really bad thing.

Level 40
You talk like this is an objective subject. :p
I'd say it is. [Mainstream] Movies nowadays are more and more graphicsfests and actionfests with little to no (original) plot. Feel free to provide counterexamples.

I haven't seen it, but I'd rather watch Holmes in action movie than another mediocre mystery movie.
Why can't it be a good mystery movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.