• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shandris

I wanted to make a model for Shandris that's a bit different from the one in the game. Thought the glaive would make a fine weapon for her. First I wanted to make her a shield too, but it would feel too generic, so I left it like this.

It has both decay and dissipate animations and comes in two variants: Melee and Ranged. There's also missile model included.
To use the portrait for the ranged version just rename the "Shandris_Portrait" to "Shandris Ranged_Portrait".

Give credits if you use it and enjoy! :)

Update: Fixed the weapon. Added missile(Looks like I forgot it :eek:)
Update1: Changed the missile model, this one looks better I guess.
Update2: Added V2 with different armor color.
Previews
Contents

Missile (Model)

Shandris (Model)

Shandris Ranged (Model)

Shandris V2 (Model)

Shandris_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mister_Haudrauf
Everything works as intended. Approved.
Level 48
I don't really like the wrap on the face mask - more specifically the fact that there is trim at the bottom and the side, but not at the top. I think It results in a rather messy looking face.
I suggest trying to find a workaround for that. If re-wrapping your current mesh to have a full circle of trim doesn't work out, one thing you could try is to subdivide the mesh in such a way as to create a 3D trim:

5436bcb627.png

The details on the armour are really awesome, and I love the use of the Nerubian texture. :)

Level 50
I don't really like the wrap on the face mask - more specifically the fact that there is trim at the bottom and the side, but not at the top. I think It results in a rather messy looking face.
I suggest trying to find a workaround for that. If re-wrapping your current mesh to have a full circle of trim doesn't work out, one thing you could try is to subdivide the mesh in such a way as to create a 3D trim:

5436bcb627.png

The details on the armour are really awesome, and I love the use of the Nerubian texture. :)
Actually I left it like that, didn't want to thinker around it more. Because every my model has the 'trim' on every armor part so I want this to look a bit different.

Level 14
hey man, nice model you have here. Cheers to your efforts! :peasant-cheers-back:
I like the way you made the armor, great use of the nerubian texture and of those feathers.
Even though I'm not a wow player, I suppose you have been faithful to the wow appearance of the character when you designed that 'batman the dark knight' mask you created for this model's face. It's good to see some creative variation from the usual night elf helmet.
Compared to what I picture night elves to be physically, this girl is THICC ! (not a bad thing eh)

However, I feel like there are some things that could use a review/adjustments:
- those parts of white mesh that appear during the talk animations inside the mouth of the character in the portrait model make it look worse than it should IMO (i argue these are some kind of tooth-meshes). how about you try removing those and see if it improves the looks?
- that cloak is begging for some more movement during most sequences. I would suggest making it move some more.
- the kind of walk cycle you have going on could use some tweaks. IMO it could improve if you manage to make it look more lady-like.
- some of the attacks animations have the character slide unnaturally. Make the character take a step forward and later back up instead (just as you already did with the other attack animations).

Bye man, great stuff. I hope my ideas prove to be of some help/inspiration to you :peasant-waving:

5436bcb627.png

Seconded. I also think that her features could be more feminine. Now I know this might sound weird given the cartoony proportions of wc3; these should be good references.

Otherwise, I think this looks fine as an alternative approach to night elves @Stefan.K :]