1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shandris

Submitted by Stefan.K
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I wanted to make a model for Shandris that's a bit different from the one in the game. Thought the glaive would make a fine weapon for her. First I wanted to make her a shield too, but it would feel too generic, so I left it like this.

It has both decay and dissipate animations and comes in two variants: Melee and Ranged. There's also missile model included.
To use the portrait for the ranged version just rename the "Shandris_Portrait" to "Shandris Ranged_Portrait".

Give credits if you use it and enjoy! :)

Update: Fixed the weapon. Added missile(Looks like I forgot it :eek:)
Update1: Changed the missile model, this one looks better I guess.
Update2: Added V2 with different armor color.
Previews
Contents

Shandris Ranged (Model)

Shandris (Model)

Shandris_Portrait (Model)

Missile (Model)

Shandris V2 (Model)

1. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    General Shandris!! :nemor:

2. kangyun

kangyun

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Cool look a like X-23 from xmen

3. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    this would be a great model for Naisha

4. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Totally.

5. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i think the blades of her weapon should go on one direction.

6. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ooops, fixed!

7. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't really like the wrap on the face mask - more specifically the fact that there is trim at the bottom and the side, but not at the top. I think It results in a rather messy looking face.
    I suggest trying to find a workaround for that. If re-wrapping your current mesh to have a full circle of trim doesn't work out, one thing you could try is to subdivide the mesh in such a way as to create a 3D trim:

[​IMG]

The details on the armour are really awesome, and I love the use of the Nerubian texture. :)

8. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Actually I left it like that, didn't want to thinker around it more. Because every my model has the 'trim' on every armor part so I want this to look a bit different.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    you could benefit from something tiny that keeps that head piece around the head tho o3o

10. Arch-archdemon

Arch-archdemon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Great model!
    You could make a bow version so it looks more like Shandris.

11. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    hey man, nice model you have here. Cheers to your efforts! :peasant-cheers-back:
    I like the way you made the armor, great use of the nerubian texture and of those feathers.
    Even though I'm not a wow player, I suppose you have been faithful to the wow appearance of the character when you designed that 'batman the dark knight' mask you created for this model's face. It's good to see some creative variation from the usual night elf helmet.
    Compared to what I picture night elves to be physically, this girl is THICC ! (not a bad thing eh)

However, I feel like there are some things that could use a review/adjustments:
    - those parts of white mesh that appear during the talk animations inside the mouth of the character in the portrait model make it look worse than it should IMO (i argue these are some kind of tooth-meshes). how about you try removing those and see if it improves the looks?
    - that cloak is begging for some more movement during most sequences. I would suggest making it move some more.
    - the kind of walk cycle you have going on could use some tweaks. IMO it could improve if you manage to make it look more lady-like.
    - some of the attacks animations have the character slide unnaturally. Make the character take a step forward and later back up instead (just as you already did with the other attack animations).

Bye man, great stuff. I hope my ideas prove to be of some help/inspiration to you :peasant-waving:

12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm not usually very interested in either campaign/story-character models nor Night Elves, but I gotta say this intrigues me. The use of Nerubian textures & especially that crazy face-mask really set this lady apart. Noice.

13. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Best Shandris in town. I'll forget the good old vanilla Shandris who looks like a night elf archer.

Well since you are making female units, are you making Yrel and some draeneis? :)

14. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Not at the moment.

15. HellHoundX

HellHoundX

Resources:
    Resources:
    i really like your models and using lots of your models.(in my map)

give you credits in game too. thanks for great works.

16. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:

Seconded. I also think that her features could be more feminine. Now I know this might sound weird given the cartoony proportions of wc3; these should be good references.

Otherwise, I think this looks fine as an alternative approach to night elves @Stefan.K :]

17. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Lol. That doesn't look like a night elf chick at all. :p

18. fgundam

fgundam

Resources:
    Resources:
    AWESOME Model!!!!

if possible can you add a Hero Glow Version as well?