• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SewerWallpipeLavaWater

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Thx to Solu9 for the idea :D

UPDATE #1:
Slowed the water, thx to Edge45

Keywords:
lava sewer water
Contents

SewerWallpipeLavaWater (Model)

Reviews
17:11, 6th Aug 2014 MiniMage: Extremely simple model, but so very useful. make the lava "thicker" and add some glows.

M

17:11, 6th Aug 2014
MiniMage: Extremely simple model, but so very useful. make the lava "thicker" and add some glows.

I totally agree with blood raven, some billboarded glows would be nice - also, i think you should add a "flat" emitter at the bottom of the stream where lava-like particles float outwards (use "XY quads" to make your particles billboard to z-axis only), use a texture like "textures\roman1" or similar. Optionally, you could add some small particles coming out of the tube to give more motion (just add some gravity to them and make their initial speed slow enough to match the flow). This would make the stream come alove more. Right now it just looks too flat.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
When I use this model, there is a bug that close my world editor.
Is there something to do?
Well, for some reason, even in the 3D model viewer, the water doesn't "move". The model doesn't load in Retera's Model Studio. I remade the animated texture field with Magos' Model Editor, basically making a new field and copying the values from the old one. Then Retera's Model Studio could open the model but the water/lava doesn't move/animated, only the glows at the tip.

Attachments

• SewerWallpipeLavaWaterTest.mdx
    9.3 KB · Views: 10