• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Several questions about Zero Joint and Keyframes in milkshape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So first of all, if I didn't do Zero Joint I'm screwed, right? Any way to get around this? Before I toss my computer out the window, that is.

Second, I've been animating in MS with sparsely placed keyframes (1-5, 5-15) and in Magos it looks like its a scene from 300 aka very slow motion. Is there a way to scale the animations?

Thanks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LeoSC1.jpg
    LeoSC1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 414
  • LeoSC2.jpg
    LeoSC2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 398
  • LeoSC3.jpg
    LeoSC3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 575
  • LeoSC4.jpg
    LeoSC4.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
For a regular stand animation, set the keyframes from, say.... { 1 to 40-60} place on 2 thirds of the way where your character breaths in(30-45). That's a far more fluid stand animation.

Now, for attacks? I'd suggest starting at a max of 20 keyframes.
Have him reel back for an attack at about 5, then have his attack connect at 10, with the next 10 simply him reeling from the strike.

That should get you used to speeds rather quickly.

Level 8
Beta model release.

Ok, so this is what I came up with. I am not happy with the attacks and run/walking animations because its not furious enough for a ninja XFD!!! but this is my first animation effort with milkshape for WC3 and I think after a few fixes I might be able to get it right.

Still, some questions I need answers to:

1. What happened to my Talk animations? I had 2 Talk animations but they're not showing in game.
2. How do I add attachment points.
3. If you see the knee during walking you'd notice how shitty it is, for some reason it wont let me decide how the joints bend the faces so I get these distorted looking legs.

I also would like to know how I would make the textures disappear (for when it dissipates) and how I'd add special effects attached to certain nodes like his fists or sword.

PS. the texture path is none, so when you're importing to map delete the path.

Attachments

• Leonardo5.mdx
    134.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Leonardo.blp
    105.5 KB · Views: 101
I do all that in Magos and the Vertex Modifier.

Right, after looking over the animations, the hip needs to move during walk animations, and the chest does aswell. When attacking, try to keep the face centred on his target (ie, forward) have his entire body reel back. For examples, look at the Blademaster model and skeleton warrior model.

If you want, I can send you my latest model as another example.

Also, you may want to look for the "Recalculate Normals" option in the vertex modifier. Select the entire model before using this option, however.

Level 8
Ok so before I alter anything else I've just been trying to improve the animations. As per your suggestion I redid the attack anims a little and I hope this is a bit better.

I haven't done the Recalculate yet.

I'd love to see your latest animation mate. And I am seeing now that I made the model bad at the knee part, which is why the knee animation looks bleh.

Added also Origin and Overhead attachment points just to see if it works.

Attachments

• LeonardoB.mdx
    141.8 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.