• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] Setting Spell damage based on ability levels (The better way)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

How do I delete this

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Instead of putting those variables in the 'Start Effect of Ability' trigger, why not put it in the Configurable Trigger because if you did not, those variables will be set everytime the spell is casted.

In your last trigger, it should be Craftin_Damage[4] = 1000

I'm not sure if this is the better way, but it does the job when the spell damage has no pattern. Something the other method can't (unless you will use some sort of Regression Technique).

I think the content of the tutorial is a pretty common knowledge already. But it can still be useful to some.

Remove your signature in the tutorial post.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@ Flux, thanks for pointing those out. Done

Common knowledge? Yeah, but I can see a lot of spells in Spells section still doesn't use this basic stuff (some of those needs fix ones). This is useful.

However, I can see that either your WE is not english, or you doesn't copy and paste those triggers properly. They look like they're merged into one line which is ugly.

You also use different variable for Caster, it can cause a helluva of confusion. There are also messes in first example.

Level 22
Common knowledge? Yeah, but I can see a lot of spells in Spells section still doesn't use this basic stuff (some of those needs fix ones). This is useful.=

Maybe common knowledge is not the best term. What I mean is the content of the tutorial is something you can think/discover on your own. But as I mentioned earlier, it can still be useful to some people.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks for the feed back I'll change that stuff as soon as I can.

Level 13
This tutorial is very basic. You could extend it to using other aspects of spells which you also want to scale with level, such as area and duration.

Probably just preference, but i usually create a Real variable which is also the ability level, because it's easier/quicker to use this to calculate damage/area etc. than an integer, especially when you use low decimal values (where using an integer for the maths will not end well :p).

I could be a total noob at triggering, but why bother putting the casting and target units in variables? I thought those ones didn't leak.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

@Bribe, thanks for feedback, I'll correct it