• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting Hero stats with Triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any way to set all of a Hero's stats in game with triggers dynamically, such as Damage Base, Damage Number of Dice, Damage Sides per Dice, Attack Cooldown Time, Speed Base, etc.? If so, where are the triggers to do so?

Level 16
I think we can't SET those heroes stats in game. We do can however, change them.

To change a hero's stats, we assign an upgrade to them and activate this upgrade via triggers.

1. At Object Editor, click on Upgrades. Create a custom upgrade here. (Note that all the stuffs you mentioned, with the exception of "Damage sides per Dice" can be upgraded here.)

2. When we're done, we need to assign this upgrade to the hero. At the Units tab, scroll down to the bottom at the right panel until you see Techtree - Upgrades Used. Assign the custom upgrade here. (We can create different upgrades by repeating Step 1 and then assigning them to the hero)

3. Finally, we need this trigger that you mentioned. In this example I will give those stats to the hero when he becomes level 2. So we create new trigger, set Events to "A unit Gains a level" and Conditions to "Hero level of Triggering unit Equal to 2" and "Unit-type of Triggering unit Equal to YourHero". At the Actions part, go to Player - Set Current Research Level.

"Set the current research level of AssignedTech to 1 for owner of Triggering unit"

4. For the last part, in case we want this trigger to activate multiple times, with each time increasing the hero's stats further, just create our custom upgrade with more than one level, and assign them at the Action part of our triggers with:

""Set the current research level of AssignedTech to current research level of AssignedTech for owner of Triggering unit + 1 for owner of Triggering unit"

Hope this is what you are looking for?

You can give the hero a spell ingame which the stats of it and make it an item ability (if isn't already). But things as Damage Number of Dice, Damage Sides per Dice, Attack Cooldown Time, Speed Base can't be changed.
This can be changed:
  • Hp-Regeneration
  • Mana-Regeneration
  • Damage
  • Armor
  • Agility
  • Intilligence
  • Strengh
  • Attackspeed
  • Movementspeed

Level 6
@Wraithling No good, becaue upgrades can't be deleveled in that same manner.

@Anachron Thanks, good to know what can be changed.

Level 13
you can change EVERYTHING but it depends on how many times you change it
i think available level to 100 should be enough...

if you need to add once
set correct research of (some level) to <x> number for X player

if you need to add and add again

set INTEGER = INTEGER + <X> number
set correct research of (some level) to INTEGER number for X player

i agree with Registered User Wraithling,he just did tell you how to decrease it

if you need to decrease (delevel) just use negative upgrades,press shift + enter so you can type negative values

BTW attack cooldown times is upgraded with attack speed......

you can change EVERYTHING
Wrong, if you show me a way to change a units Attack Dice Bonus ingame I will give you 3 rep in 3 days of a row and write your name in my signature.

if you need to add once
set correct research of (some level) to <x> number for X player
You can't reset the research level ingame, so its quite useless, because you can't remove the effect.

if you need to add and add again

set INTEGER = INTEGER + <X> number
set correct research of (some level) to INTEGER number for X player
Increase is no problem, but decrease is...

i agree with Registered User Wraithling,he just did tell you how to decrease it

if you need to decrease (delevel) just use negative upgrades,press shift + enter so you can type negative values
Yeah, but only 100 times, but then you can't do it anymore. Its not a good solution.

BTW attack cooldown times is upgraded with attack speed......
Not the base (The base doesn't matter on attributes and bonuses at all).

lol you have it in upgrades - attack dice bonus -.- (hehe + 3 rep=)
Without upgrades, they suck till they have a maximum level.

and you said only 100 timer .....???
ok set it to 200 if you need to xD
Ever tried setting it to something high? There is a maximum level for each ability, upgrade, or whatever it is.

I mean REALLY, if you want to change something like that, you HAVE to be able to make it endless time, else it is not useable.

Level 2
Okay... so this doesn't modify the BASE values, but you could use skills such as roar, or howl of terror, inner fire, unholy rage, etc. Even auras if you don't mind a couple seconds of delay when you de-level them.

Just set up your skills, and give them a global range.
Throw them on a dummy caster, and set up triggers so that when your conditions are met, you give / remove the abilities on the dummycaster. Just remember to give them enough range! (if the map is big enough, you can hold shift when you go in to change the value to make it even larger than you usually can)

Hope this helps. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.