• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Set Level of Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings,

Is there a way to set the level of a unit (non-hero) with a trigger? I can't find any GUI option. I hope I missed it but I believe not. Is there a JASS way or any way at all? I will not buy the idea of having 100 units with a set level from the start, it's way too ineffective in this case.

Yours Truly,
Chizume

Level 9
Well there may be a simpler way without needing all them units, but first I need to know what you hoped to do by setting the level of non hero units before I can see if my suggestion would be of any use.

Level 11
Well there may be a simpler way without needing all them units, but first I need to know what you hoped to do by setting the level of non hero units before I can see if my suggestion would be of any use.

Nothing :)

I use custom value to detect the amount of kills each unit has. When the custom values reaches a specific amount I want it to gain a level, so it's simply a custom experience system for units. The level itself doesn't have any effect, it's only for appearance, but it's still just as important.

Yours,
Chizume

Level 14
You could use an alternate method of showing the level, such as using the mana bar to represent level, or using a Floating Text that displays and attaches above a unit.

There is also a Promotion Chevron special effect (think Command and Conquer promotion system) on Hive that looks really nice for unit levelling.

Level 11
You could use an alternate method of showing the level, such as using the mana bar to represent level, or using a Floating Text that displays and attaches above a unit.

There is also a Promotion Chevron special effect (think Command and Conquer promotion system) on Hive that looks really nice for unit levelling.

I guess I will have to do it in another way than I thought. May I ask you where the "Promotion Chevron" effect is? I can't seem to find it here.

Thank you.

Yours,
Chizume

Level 7
You could use an aura with target 'self' and set it to the level you want.
The level would be shown on the buff.
(Use "Slow-Aura (Tornado)" if you don't want the normal Icon to be visible.)

Level 8
i was thinking maybe you could also make a hero act like a non-hero? you know, remove that upper-left icon, disable its experience gain and trigger it just like you said, make stats it gains 0, triggers skills targeted on it so it works like a non-hero target.

just a suggestion. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.