1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

serious maps problem

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by LordPerenoldeII, Feb 24, 2008.

1. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, i have imported a 4 faces custom loading screen in all of my proj maps(following carefully and rightly the tut about).
    When i try to open one of them, it simply gets back to the campaign mission selection, like there's something that leaks like hell. After a short investigation, i realized that is really the custom ls. However it's strange, because all of these maps load up normally by clicking the "test" button in the WE, but if i run them through the game they crash. Another strange thing is that one mission(the 8th but who care about?) loads normally also via game. Figuring a possible bug in all of the other custom ls, i've imported the 8th ls into a random map of the others, but it still crashes. Now, there's some magician out there that knows how do i fix this doom? THX

2. Global_idiot

Global_idiot

Resources:
    Resources:
    It only happens when you start the map in wc3? does this happens on any map you star in wc3? if every game crashes try to reinstall wc3, get the leatest patch, reinstall WE or get WEU (world editor unlimited), run antivirus programs, delete the custom stuff you imported. huh... hope tis helps a bit :)

3. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it happens only to 10 of the 12 maps in the project. Only by importing the custom ls, the 1st map(intro) and the 8th are fine. Everything else goes normal as always: lan play, online play, and normal missions also run normally.
    Anything?

4. Global_idiot

Global_idiot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Emm now i we read all ower again an i sill dont totally get it... you mean the loading screen image? images must be TGA format i think, check the 8th map loading screen format of the picture(mby is TGA and it works) all others are probably JEPG and i will not work. Man if this is what i mean it is... if not i have no idea what could be wrong, or i dont get what you wrote xD

5. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    all tgas are converted to blp and are of 32 kbit.
    They're all the same.
    I'll try to rename tgas. it's the only alternative i have.

6. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the double post, but i have a reason for why these maps won't open through campaign mode in the game. It's because they all trepass the 4 MB size. I've tried to remove something useless from them and slowly i'm solving everything.

7. Global_idiot

Global_idiot

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well you will hardly solve that... i had the same problem 4.2mb size map( i was a bit noob backthan and i imported 4mn Mp3<--lol), and i removed it... but i still couldnt open it...
    mby you ll be more lucky :)

8. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i think so, because even if i tried to remove something useless from maps they don't get below 4 mb. Fortunately i got a recent backup and i can handle the situation more easily. And in the mean time, custom loading screens have begun to not re-appear. -_- I need to pray, be back soon.

9. .KC

.KC

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It dosent matter if your map is below 4mb or 50mb. Its only on LAN and BNET you cant play a map over 4mb, but in singleplayer you will to play it.

I think you problem is a curropted file. (mdx, tga or blp)

Try deleting every imported file, and then test if the map still crash. If it still crash and you cant find the problem. Then upload the map here, and we will take a look on it (and no, no one will steal your map)

10. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right, but that's only a matter of single maps(it is correct?), i'm talkin about campaign maps, it seems that i can't get over that 4mb size.
    mmm i think i'll upload that when i'll host, so that i'll probably need someone to adjust something. But i think i won't be able to host. Half of the proj is 43 MB large! Plus i still have to translate everything.