• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Problems with Loading Saved Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
As the title states, I have a map where a few players have problems loading their saved games.
Sometimes, it just does not work at all. I haven't gotten details about the error,
but I assume it's either a crash on load or it simply doesn't load their save files. My question is:

What could cause loading problems in a custom map,
and how would I go about fixing them?

Some additional information about the map's creation:
- I am using the vanilla world editor, updated to v1.28.5
- It is not protected and none of the object data is compressed
- There is a lot of imported models
- There are a couple vJASS systems imported from the Hive spell section
- There's a few periodic event triggers
- There's a multiboard with a clock on it to let players know time elapsed since the game has started

Level 13
How does that work?
Honestly, I haven't a clue. It may be JASS? I just copied them in to make trees regrow.
And, I didn't know about this section. Thank you for the help.

EDIT:
Since my map's kind of a pseudo-RPG and strategy hybrid, I may just try a coded save system to save characters or make game modes. The problems posted in that other thread aren't things I can avoid.

Unless... is there a way to detect "on map load" in order to turn on periodic triggers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.