• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem with -save/-load RPG maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAN

NAN

Level 2
Hi everyone ,
I have a problem with RPG maps that have the -save/-load option.. like GoH rpg or Tales of Yrchian ORPG...
When ever i host a map on Garena ( lan ) pll join me , everything is fine, noone get disconected, but when ever i do -load xxxx-xxxx-xxxx , and load my char in any rpg map , people get disconected...
Or if I join other ppl's RPG maps and load my char I get disconected from their games.. This probled apeared 3 days from now..
If any1 knows whats the reason of this and how to fix it please reply to this thread...

Thank you in advance

Level 10
I think this would have fit better in this forum. Well, basically, from your story, I can see it clearly is not a map/trigger problem, but rather your warcraft 3's problem, if it is disconnecting you. But, normally, problems would make the game crash and get you the "don't send" error.
You say it started 3 days ago? Here're 3 things that may have made you this problem:
~Think what you did to war3 at that time. Maybe something you deleted/removed/added/updated/etc.
~Wait for some other users to respond. They may know more than me.
~Reinstall it.

Reactions: NAN
Level 5
There's problem if someone changed their name locally, they will desync if that code is checking player name.

It should happened on ThaiCyberGames Network (TCGNW) and Garena where host and joiner saw their name differently.
Especially Garena where player can registry their name with |r, |n |c, code, which invisible to them.

Well... For Example...
Player 1 Name: NoLeavePlz
Player 2 Name: SamNainocard

Player 1 changed their name before create/join the game to "RockNRoll"
Player 1 will see their name as "RockNRoll" but others player will saw them as "NoLeaverPlz"

when Player 1 Loading their save code that contains name checking code, the map will check "RockNRoll" only or player 1, while others will check" NoLeaverPlz". Player 1 will be desync.

Edit: Only if that code have something that cannot be locally things. (What is it called? things that can't use with GetLocalPlayer() )

Last edited:
Reactions: NAN

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Use of third party servers is not garunteed to be stable, you should consider asking them for help as this is beyond the game's designed purpose.
2. Use of hosting aids is not garunteed to be stable, the game is only designed for a certain range of values so hacked names may cause problems.

If it is not these, it must be your internet or a curropt game installation. I advise reinstalling the game and testing it on normal Battlenet if the problem still occurs. If it does then it must be your internet connection blocking the ingame communication after a period of time.

NAN

NAN

Level 2
yes , i do change my nickname from N.A.N to ~~NAN~~ , all my chars a bound to ~~NAN~~ nick..
if i use a namespoof will i / others get disconected ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Name spoof violates the battlenet terms of use and will get your CDkey band. Using any prohibited tool in any multiplayer is your own problem as blizzard never designed the game to cope with them for obvious reasons (users should get banned).

Try playing the game normally on ganrarea (no hacks or mods) and see if it works. If it still does not work, try playing the game normally on battlenet (no hacks or mods).

Status
Not open for further replies.