• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Seeking advise SC2 modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey there Hivers, long time no see!

I recently got the gall to open up SC2's world editor and nearly pooed myself when I saw how much more complex and powerful it was to WC3's, and as I was going to model one of my miniatures anyway I got around to considering doing it with SC2 in mind.

Mainly, I would like to know what a good polycount-range is for a Hero unit in SC2. Also, how should I go about modeling it, as a standard T-pose won't exactly work well.

daunorkyv2.jpg

If it wasn't obvious, this is a Warhammer40k-inspired piece. That said, I'm kinda wondering if it's possible to make a unit attack like those in Dawn of War: where they'd have a ranged attack that they could use on the move for lesser accuracy, and still be able to not only engage but also prioritize melee combat. (I've tried this before in WC3 with no avail.)

Status
Not open for further replies.