• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Secret of Mana RPG v6.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
What the map is about:
My favorite game used to be the original Zelda 1 and 2. Then it was Zelda for Super Nintendo, but then they made a game called Secret of Mana for Super Nintendo. I think it was the greatest game ever made and this is a tribute to it; my favorite RPG.

Maps features:
It features an infinite creeping engine, they always respawn. The armor system is designed so you can't have two helmets on for instance. Your sword can be upgraded by taking found orbs to the local blacksmith. There are some puzzles you have to solve and so talk to all the towns people for hints. There are 5 towns total and every town has an inn and a store.

How to play it:
It's simple to play much like Zelda. Basically whenever your health gets low go to an inn or shop. Explore everywhere if you get stuck. The game absolutely works from start to finish; my brother told me he just beat it on his own the other day. If you find any orbs bring them to your local blacksmith.

Uniqueness:
All of my maps are made from scratch and there is nothing like them. My level Orcs vs Goblins & Humans 7.3P was very unique I thought, so check it out if you like this level.

Quality Standard:
- Fully functioning gameplay
- Acceptable terrain or visuals, it's not empty or monotonous.
- No game breaking bugs or leakless triggers.
- Tool-tips have descriptions and no broken icons

Credits List:
DevineArmy
Black_Stan
Kitabatake
NFWar
PeeKay
Jack_Sparrow93
Narandza
KelThuzad
Olof Moleman
Zerox
Grendel
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
AC/DC[ToD)
Previews
Contents

Secret of Mana 6.6 (Map)

Reviews
Elvenking_slider
Hello, I played your map with a friend yesterday for about an hour. Here is our review: Pros: -Nice implementation of secret of mana elements like the cannonball travel. -Respawn works good to have the grind factor -Map design is good and especially...
Paillan
1. Repeating dialogue gets old very quickly 2. Player not in cinematic can see all map 3. The terrain is lackluster and plain to say the least. 4. Buying the same item twice not only not gives you the item, but the money you spent is lost. 5. Spells...
Level 19
From preview triggers I can already see a lot of broken triggers (marked in red). I don't know if it's a bug from the preview triggers option or if those triggers are indeed broken.
It's actually the opposite way man, you make a good map description and then we can talk about accepting you map.

Set to awaiting update

Level 4
Hello,
I played your map with a friend yesterday for about an hour.
Here is our review:

Pros:
-Nice implementation of secret of mana elements like the cannonball travel.
-Respawn works good to have the grind factor
-Map design is good and especially the starting area reminded me exreme of SoM.

Cons:
-Please fix chemical rage. It is a nice dmg boost to the male hero,
but it deletes all your weapon upgrades and also the visual of an alchemist does not fit.
(I think this is urgend, because a lot of people would stop playing your map after grinding for weapons and then everything is gone)

-Try to make creep camps more innovative and maybe refer name/design from SoM.

-Your respawn mechanism of creep camps can maybe be improved. It is ok to just have an internal timer,
but you will always have to wait if you want to grind.
From playing SoM I know that it respawns, but you can easily skip it and it only respawns if you go out of the zone and in again.
This could be a good solution for your map, some sort of barriers/zones (maybe town entrances) which respawn trash if you cross them.
Also you can make creeps lose aggro if you go in a town.

-The people in the town always talk to you if you go near them after a while.
This is nice if you are looking for hints, but I think everyone gets the inn price after reading it once.
An extra option to read it again or an interact button could help here

-Its good that you are not game over after dying 1 time, but I think your map needs some sort of challenge to beat.
Try to make it somehow not infinitely reviving you so revive items are not useless.
A possible solution could be an option to revive your team member in town and game over if both heros die (or one in single player).
For boss battles I would recommend a health reset after running "out of zone".

Improvement suggestions:
short summary of all points
-Fix chemical rage
-Zone mechanism like in secret of mana
-Maybe a dialog system rework
-Harder gameplay (not infinite revive)

Sorry that i criticize so much, but I think your map is really nice and I hope that I can help improving it so more people play it one day^^.

Level 19
1. Repeating dialogue gets old very quickly
2. Player not in cinematic can see all map
3. The terrain is lackluster and plain to say the least.
4. Buying the same item twice not only not gives you the item, but the money you spent is lost.
5. Spells are just normal warcraft 3 spells
6. Warriors ultimate deals less damage than his flamestrike
7. Chemical rage bug
8. Items are very plain and quite overpriced
9. Creep respawn system is not intuitive at all
10. Bosses use repeated models
11. Bosses use repeated attack paterns and spells
12. what's the use for the second Hero that is in the middle of nowhere?
13. Cannot sell items
14. Wolf quest is boring
15. Speaking of quests, there's a quest log but it's empty
16. Lacking proper credits ingame

Overall, this map needs a ton of work before you can even talk about approving it. An RPG wasn't made in a day.

Set to Awaiting update
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!