• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Search issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I can't seem to get the search to work properly. The keywords I write have very little effect on results. If I write the name of a resource almost exactly it's bound to not show up.
Also, with the previous search I used to look for the resources of a specific author by filling in only the author box. When I do that now it appears to get ignored. For instance, I wrote JetFangInferno in the author box and the first result is from ironwood and the second from Tranquil.
Not trying to be salty or anything, but this is just plain wrong.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yea the search is horrible. Hope it gets better.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The search works best when you also write a search query. I would very much like your exact examples that didn't work. I am aware that when only searching an author name, it is not good. It needs search queries too. Anyway, if you want a specific resource type by the author JetFangInferno, you can go to e.g. maps and just enter his name in the sidebar. That will work.

Level 29
It seems like this is a very common issue, and I can in fact relate to it every other website that allows to search content, where the searches tend to be very rigid and ambiguous.

Is it hard to add 3 modes for tags? "Must exist" "May exist" "Must not exist".

Or possibly there's a better solution.

No clue about the other two issues, those sound like actual bugs.

Level 29
I mean, if the name being searched for is equal to (or very close to) the name of a resource, I'd expect it to be first.
If the search only looks for an author, I expect the results to be this author's resources.

The tags are a feature, yes, and one that I keep seeing almost every website not use for some reason.
A very simple 3-option selection instead of booleans will make whole resource-oriented websites so much more easier to navigate.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I mean, if the name being searched for is equal to (or very close to) the name of a resource, I'd expect it to be first.
If the search only looks for an author, I expect the results to be this author's resources.
It does something like that.
The tags are a feature, yes, and one that I keep seeing almost every website not use for some reason.
A very simple 3-option selection instead of booleans will make whole resource-oriented websites so much more easier to navigate.
Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.