• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SCV death animation size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, first post! I use to come to these forums when working on War3 maps but just now registered, I'm working on a map, I have a unit that can Baneling - Explode(ability) and I've set the units death animation to an SCV Death, all is working(my trigger makes the unit Baneling Explode when it enters a range of a unit and explodes like an SCV death) except I can't seem to find where to adjust the size of the animation of SCV Death, I've tried as many things as I could find that involved scaling with no success of being able to alter the scale of this animation. Any help would be appreciated, I know how to change the scale of units through the actor so I assumed it would be similar for an SCV Death.

edit-

nvm figured out my second question about my unit not elevating when walking near cliffs, changed the Mover to ground under movement in object editor

Last edited:
Level 2
let me try to reexplain this

I have a unit, this unit has baneling explode, for that units actor I changed the Normal death effects model to SCV under the combat tab. This has allowed me to get what i want, when this unit is ordered to baneling explode, it dies, deals siege damage like a baneling explosion should do and instead of the usual green explosion model it explodes like an SCV death(just as I wanted it to). it retains the explosion size of the SCV death not the size of a baneling explosion. I've tried changing the size of the actors for the baneling explode ability and nothing alters the model size. Could you give me a more descriptive suggestion?

Level 5
so you want the same explosion just a different size?

thats easy then just duplicate the explosion model, and change the scale on one version of it, and link the bigger copy to the ability model, and the smaller copy to the unit death

Status
Not open for further replies.