• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Button on Command Card not functioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I've got an issue with a button on my SCV's command card.

I've got an Ability Command to build this unit called The "Irishman" (A renamed Perdition Turret). Everything shows up just fine in the Data Editor

241mkxv.jpg

Yet when I Test Document and click on my SCV, there is no "Irishman" button, it's just a blank on the command card where it should be.

I have made plenty of other buttons on the SCV of custom buildings, but it's just this one that's acting up. Hours of troubleshooting has gotten me nowhere.

I've modified the SCV - Build (SCV) ability to have the perdition turret unit onto it properly. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be up? Anything at all would be friggin' awesome.

Level 2
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. I tried both, many times over now yet to no avail. Any other thoughts on what might be up?

Edit: AHA, found the issue. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions guys. If anyone else runs into the issue I was having, try going to the worker's Build (Or Train) Ability Command. In that list, redo your building or unit to another slot where it says (None). I'm not entirely sure why this mattered, but simply moving my perdition turret to another slot fixed it.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions. I tried both, many times over now yet to no avail. Any other thoughts on what might be up?

Edit: AHA, found the issue. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions guys. If anyone else runs into the issue I was having, try going to the worker's Build (Or Train) Ability Command. In that list, redo your building or unit to another slot where it says (None). I'm not entirely sure why this mattered, but simply moving my perdition turret to another slot fixed it.

It probably refreshed the ability <-> building links.

Status
Not open for further replies.