• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scourged Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi guys!

This is going to be a wall of text, so bare with me! There's a tl;dr version, and a video version of this post.

Some people I know follow my activity every now and then. It's been over 15 years since I started making maps in Warcraft III, and now I'm on my biggest project yet.

I call it: Scourged Royale.

Up to 22 Sci-Fi marines (either co-op or Free for all) are dropped on an alternate reality of Azeroth where the scourge successfully conquered the world and fought off the demons. Fight off hordes of enemies, hunt down bosses and purchase items from magical shops to gain more power. The more monsters you kill, the stronger the scourge becomes.

There's a lot of stuff going on under the hood.
Working with Arxos (co-creator of Desert Smite), we've created some really unique systems.
We have our own modular arbitrary trigger-running projectile system. This means projectiles that can collide, and move and execute any trigger or function of our choosing. This results in really unique abilities way outside the realm of usual Warcraft III skills.

We also created something truly unique:

For those who have played Dark Souls, this will be immediately recognisable. Being hit by a debuff-causing attack (such as poison) will cause a number to display above your head equal to the amount of "poison damage" you took.
If for example, you have 10 poison resistance, and you are hit by 2 poison damage, that results in "20%" displaying above your head. If you get hit again, you now have "40%". If you reach 100%, you are poisoned and your meter resets to 0%. Your character also heals 1% per second while not getting hit.

The heroes come with the usual Strength / Agility / Intelligence (renamed here to "Endurance, Weaponry, Tactics") but there's SO MANY more stats obtainable in this game.

Right now, the available stats are:
Endurance (Gives health, regen, all elemental resistances)
Weaponry (Gives attack, attack speed, armour, damage of "Shot" and "Grenade" skills)
Tactics (Gives mana, mana regen, damage of "Grenade" and "Turret" skills)
Fire Attack
Poison Attack
Frost Attack
Stun Attack
Fire Resistance
Poison Resistance
Frost Resistance
Stun Resistance
Shot Damage Multiplier
Shot Debuff Multiplier
Shot Type
Grenade Damage Multiplier
Grenade Debuff Multiplier
Grenade Type
Turret Damage Multiplier
Turret Health Multiplier
Turret Type
Standard Secondary Stats (Attack, Armour, Health, Mana etc...)

With all these stats, the number of builds or ways to play the game are huge. Will you go a shot-based fire / weaponry build and focus all on the damage? Or will you go a Frost / Stun Turret hybrid and be extremely defensive? There's so much to choose.

Current Stage of Development:
The map is approximately 40% complete. Monsters have been implemented up to level 4 so far (the planned maximum is 10) and items have been implemented up to Rare rarity (there's a lot more to do!). 3 of the planned 7 bosses are implemented, and all game triggers are in place to make the map playable.

Additional Information:
I've create an Online "Compedium" document that will detail all the hidden numbers, variables and formulae used in the game. Every single value is displayed in full, with additional "hidden details" similar to what you'd find in most game's online wikis. Just click here!

For anyone interested in testing or suggesting, please send me a private message here on Hive and I'll be glad to let you play with me! For now though, I will post an uneditable version of the map you can play solo or with friends later today.

Please also check out my video demonstration of the map.

It's a 22 player, projectile based battle-royale style game with heavy PvE elements. Can be played in co-op and uses Dark-Souls styles debuffs and resistances. Has a lot of custom skills, units, abilities and items.

Status
Not open for further replies.