Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
-Ultima online-

What happens if a map...

*Removes str,int,agi and replace them with 22 custom skills?
*Allows the player to choose five of thoose 22 skills?
*Only uses custom monsters and doodads?
*Gives every mage 50 spells?
*Isn't based on the usual 'gain experience, level up' gaming?

Alright, first off: I'm making a clone of a existing mmorpg for Wc3. This game is called Ultima Online and is the first mmorpg in history. This game does not have any levels nor exp. Instead you train up some skills from 0 to 100. Theese skills affects your hero in many ways.

To get a hang of it i could write a hell of a lot but i don't have any time for that so my advice is to play it. (I recommend a private server called 'defiance')

If you alredy know what UO is like, you know what im trying to succeed with. That feeling.

-Map features-

-12 Players.
-Battle net working.
-50 spells.
-22 skills wich you choose 5 for your hero.
-Wiev your & others equipment zoomed in.
-Weapon and spell damage depends on wich skills you have and how well trained they are.
-Dynamic trees. (Fades away when you come close)
-8 different reagents (Each spell uses some)

-Video-

To be honest, i suck at making videos. At the end there is a list of all spells and skills aviable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPtO2zbw28

-Screenshots-

hadgaaacp.jpg

hadgbaacp.jpg

hadgcaacp.jpg

hadgeaacp.jpg

hadgfaacp.jpg

Skills:
I have more detailed description in-game ofc.

Alchemy: Make healing potions, poison weapons, cure potions etc.
Archery: Allows you to carry bow & crossbow. (Also increases damage)
Fencing: Allows you to carry fencing weapons. (Also increases damage)
Healing: More succes rate with healing items and more hp healed.
Mace Fighting: Allows you to carry blunts. (Also increases damage)
Parrying: Allows you to block some damage with your sword.
Swordmanship: Allows you to carry swords. (Also increases damage)
Tactics: More damage with all weps
Wrestling: Chanse to dodge and increases bare-handed damage.
Lumberjacking: More damage with axes. (Trained by lumberjacking)
Magery: More succes rate with spells and increases spell damage
Meditation: Mana Regeneration
Musicianship: Master the music instruments (needed for taming, provocation)
Veterinary: Heal your pets.
Peacemaking: Calm down monsters. (needed for taming)
Mining: Mine for ore.
Evaluate intelligence: Increases damage with spells
Animal lore: Your pets do more damage.
Animal Taming: Allows you to tame animals.
Anatomy: More damage with all weapons
Resisting spells: You block more spell damage
Provocation: Allows you to provoce a monster to attack another.

-Progress-

Spells: 20/50
Skills: 5/22
Items: 0/? (I have pretty much all models though)
Terraining: 10%
Scripting: 50% (I have a lot of things to make...)

-Questions?-

Of course, just ask me.

-More info-
The game is based on UO so you can easily find more detailed information how the game works online.
I choosed to not include every spell & skill in the game becouse logical reasons. (Time.)

Last edited:
Level 8
Really interesting, you making Ultima Online....my father played, i couldn´t, but i played the normal old games, too. If you need me, just contact me.
I can do:

-Pretty nice terrain
-Ideas
-Testing

EDIT: Watched the video. It looks great, and i would love to play it :>

Level 10
This is going to be so hard to make, good luck.

Ultima Online is so different then WC3 and there is so many thing that will take a mountain of triggers to work like the original game.

I loved UO and its cool your trying to remake it but this will be no easy task.

Level 8
Wolfhelm, watched the video?^^
There are already a lot of things done. (seems to me)

Level 2
Looks awesome! im guessing that it will be Save/Load right?
i love those kind of games and i will definetaly play it when its done

Last edited:
Level 4
Well there is very much alredy done, i have all resources needed so all i need to do is put everything together. What i'm working on now is to finnish all spells so i can get started with the skills (About half-done already).

I'm planning to including save/load but ill do that when i'm finnished with everything else.

I'm glad you like it so far! Thx for all the comments. :)

Level 3
Well, i would not compare UO to a Wc3 map. Whole aspect of ultima is in trade and pvp. U can not make playable pvp orpg in wc3 map, especialy with looting, since there are max 12 people with different levels u need to gather first, that would be stupid. Also goes for a trade - whole game depends on it, someone is an blacksmith who needs ore from miner for example, and then some fancy warrior gonna buy some crafted stuff if he likes. Ofcourse systems are good, but calling it Ultima Online? I say no.

Level 8
It should be a remake, i mean...who can play UO today? Only the people with a game&account don´t they?

Level 4
Well, i would not compare UO to a Wc3 map. Whole aspect of ultima is in trade and pvp. U can not make playable pvp orpg in wc3 map, especialy with looting, since there are max 12 people with different levels u need to gather first, that would be stupid. Also goes for a trade - whole game depends on it, someone is an blacksmith who needs ore from miner for example, and then some fancy warrior gonna buy some crafted stuff if he likes. Ofcourse systems are good, but calling it Ultima Online? I say no.

That is so true. But UO can be played without trading with other players (even better if you make some non-player owned vendors etc that sells thoose awsome equipments).

The pvp is half of the experience in UO and i thought of making CTF events, which does not depend on items or equipment as everyone start off in a team completly naked and the only thing that differs you from the other players is skill-level and irl-skills.

It should be a remake, i mean...who can play UO today? Only the people with a game&account don´t they?

You can play UO without paying any money on private servers but it is a little hassle to set it up working.

That terrain looks excellent, i can't wait for this. Also the systems look epic.

Thank you. It's my first time with wc3 terraining but i got some experience with other game development/terraining-tools and i'm trying to do my best. The only thing i don't get the hang of is that i can't get any good lightning effects. I found some fog and some lightbeams but i would like some more shitzle, got any idea of if it's possible/available?

Level 3
What about items? I played on a very good and extremaly polished Polish shard where u could get afretacts only from Dark Father (a very long, long, LONG way to get to him with a fully guild cooperate with guild vs guild pvp fights around, doesnt matter how hardcore was he do beat). Maybe you should implement like few of xx craft skills into the map like blacksmithing connected with mining / tailoring connected with skin and cotton gathering / alchemy with herbalism / woodcrafting with woodcutting to make tradicional weapons/armor; some mobs could drop magic items (not powerfull, just with magic abilities like +fire dmg/+resistance/+skill%) and artefacts only from hard bosses.. just a suggestion, it would suit and it would be more like ultima.

Level 7
OMG DUDE U ARE AWESOME! I play this game on hybrid shard, it is really amazing, I was planning to make a map on warcraft of it and here u are coming and making my dream =D

Awesome dude u even made spell fizzles o= I bow to u xD

And its not hard to set up a private server.. After u install UO, just download "UO Razor", and u can play free shards. I recommend UOhybrid.

And For the player amount, when WarSoc comes out fully, u could probably apply this map so ppl could join any time =]

Level 4
Haha i'm glad that so many people know what UO actually is and some of you still playing it. :)

WarSoc, never heard of it before. Sound really nice with 200+ players!

Level 4
Aye, I didn't think anyone here would know about Uo...
Btw, for dragons...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-52050/?prev=search=dragon&r=20&d=list&page=2

This is a really good dragon, it honestly reminds me of the one in UO although its a lot different, u could still use it if u will.

Hehe, I have that model for the dragon and i actually made my own texture for the whitewyrm. Every model i have right now is as close to UO as its possible, balrog/daemon have custom textures aswell.

Thx anyway.

Here is a little sneakpeak:
naemmaaca.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.