• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scourge Campaign - Co-op Mode

Scourge Campaign: Legacy of the Damned
Co-op Mode

Turnro and Ljarvisone present for the first time the original Scourge Campaign in Co-op mode.
Now you can enjoy this classic campaign with a friend as you relive the story of Arthas' ascension to the Frozen Throne and becoming the Lich King.

full

Features and Changes Implemented

Modified the Scourge Campaign for 2 players, complete with save/load Hero functionality between maps

Created Anub'arak-only scene in Chapter 7 Part Three, complete with new terrain and events

Included 2 new Heroes: Falric in Chapter 2 and Sharlindra in Chapter 3. These heroes come with their own models and abilities

Heroes from Chapter 2 on-wards possess a sachet to carry additional items for later use

6 new legendary items to find throughout the campaign

Added QWER hotkeys for all units, buildings, spells, etc

Made Normal and Hard difficulties slightly harder to cater for 2 players

New models to runes, potions, and other commonly used consumable items

Screenshots and Legendary Items

full
full
full

full
Cultist Ring
Increases the Hero's hit point regeneration by 2 hit points per second and mana regeneration by 50%
full
Voodoo Mask
Increases the Agility of the Hero by 10 when worn. Also increases nearby ranged units' damage by 10%
full
Scourge Shoulder Plates
Increases the armor of the Hero by 4 when worn. Also grants friendly nearby melee units life stealing attacks which take 15% of the damage they deal and convert it into life
full
Ancient Amulet
Grants the ability to fire bolts of pain that deal 250 damage. Also increases the Hero's hit points by 300 when worn
full
Nerubian Scepter
Summons 2 Nerubian Spiderlings to fight for you. Also increases the Intelligence of the Hero by 12 when worn
full
Crown of the Forgotten King
Increases the Strength of the Hero by 12 when worn. Also reduces Magic damage taken by 33%
full

Help and Resources

Please refer to the answers below before posting questions.

1. Download the campaign ZIP file onto your computer. (DOWNLOAD button near the top of the page)
2. Unzip the file and extract its contents into "Maps/Download" in your Warcraft 3 folder.

Unzipping files can vary depending on your operating system (Windows, Mac, etc), but it should involve something like this:
1. Right click on .zip file that you want to unzip and click on "Extract All".
2. In the "Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders" dialog, enter a folder path where you want files to be extracted.Once done, click on "Extract" button to start the extraction.

Once the map files have been extracted into your Warcraft 3 folder, you will be able to play the Scourge Campaign as a Custom Game for each individual map. (Battle-net play is currently being investigated)

How does it work?
Each time you complete a mission, a Hero save code is automatically saved in a text file on both player's computers. At the beginning of the next map, this code can be used to recover your Heroes by doing the following (only one player needs to do this):
a. Minimize the current game (Alt+Tab).
b. Open "CustomMapData\{CHAPTER NAME}.txt" in your Warcraft III folder.
c. Copy (Ctrl+C) the "load xxxx-xx..." text in the text file. Do not close the file, as doing so will make the code not copy over prior to Warcraft 3 versions 1.28.
d. Go back into Warcraft 3 and paste (Ctrl+V) the code into chat and press ENTER.

Which player will have the save file?
The text file containing the Hero save code will save on both player's computers unless one player dropped out during the mission.

Where is my Warcraft 3 folder?
This will depend on your version of Warcraft 3:
Prior to 1.28 -> Either on your C drive or the location in which you installed Warcraft 3. An example path could be "C/Program Files/Warcraft 3"
1.28 and beyond -> Located in your Documents folder

Copying the text code into Warcraft 3 chat doesn't work. What should I do?
If the code does not appear in chat after pressing Ctrl+V, this is because you closed the text file before pasting the code into Warcraft 3.
If the code you copied into Warcraft 3 results in an error message, this could be either the code was modified or you are attempting to load the save code for the wrong map.
If the code you copied and entered into chat does not do anything, this is most likely a bug and should be reported to either Turnro or Ljarvisone.

- Maps have been worked on while keeping true to their original versions
- Improved save/load system. Players no longer have to remember and type long tedious codes! Instead, the game will automatically store codes in a text file that can be copied and pasted straight into chat
- Players get one main hero in each mission, with bases automatically shared between them. Earlier 2-player campaigns had players control separate bases, requiring huge balance changes and altering the original feel of the maps
- Maps can be played solo, especially if one player drops out of the game. This gives the other player the choice of either leaving or continue on to win the mission for the team :)
- New heroes fit the story of the campaign and do not feel poorly added

- Initial version uploaded to Hive Workshop

- Changed Farlic's in-game icon
- Changed the in-game voices of Falric and Sharlindra
- Replaced Cold Arrows with Dark Spirits for Sharlindra
- Sharlindra can now only reach Level 5 in Chapter 3 and no longer has Death and Decay
- Fix an issue where certain consumable items would not load correctly in Chapters 2, 3 & 4
- Fix a bug in Chapter 8 where Arthas' summoning animation will continue to play if he dies while attempting to control an obelisk
- Command hotkeys (such as Build, Attack, etc) can now be overwritten by player custom hotkey settings

CREDITS
Turnro and Ljarvisone - 2-player conversion changes
Blizzard Entertainment - Original campaign and numerous new icons used

AceHart - Original save/load system
CRAZYRUSSIAN - Howl of Banshee icon
Daenar7 - Hero Banshee skin
Elf_Lord - Necromancer skin
Gwen Stefani - Cultist Ring icon
Hellx-Magnus - Nerubian Scepter icon
Infinitynexus - Ancient Amulet icon
Kael Theron - Hero Arch Necromancer Icon
KelThuzad - Shoulder icon
Ket - Potion item models
Kirym - Colored rune models
Marenko - Dark Spirits icon
Matarael - Ice Shard model
Mc! - Tome of Retraining model
viiva - Voodoo Mask icon
Zap & EviL_BuddhA - Scroll item models

SPECIAL THANKS AND INSPIRATION
TheSpoon - Initial 2-player campaigns
Kilmaat - Archon-mode campaigns with improved save/load system
r_alexgaby - Input to spell ideas for Sharlindra

Keywords:
Scourge, Coop, Co-op, Frozen Throne, Arthas, Lich King, Sylvanas, Kel'Thuzad, Varimathras, Anub'arak, Undead, Blizzard.
Contents

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 1 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 1i (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 2 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 2i (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 3 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 4 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 5 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 6 (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 7a (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 7b (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 7c (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 7i (Map)

Scourge Campaign Co-op: Chapter 8 (Map)

Reviews
McQvaBlood
Hello! I'm the author of the Sentinel campaign for the 2 player hosted project. I've just finished playing the entirety of your work. I am most satisfied with the quality of your work. I encountered very few problems, I think your additions are neat...
Level 1
Hello,
I'd like to play this custom campaign but i don't know how to play a custom campaign map 2 players not in lan.
I'd like to play with a friend but i don't know how to, please can someone explain me how it work ? :D

Level 1
hi...i.m new to these 2p campaigns...can you tell me how to play with 2 players?...none of my friends play wc so i tryed online...but i just couldn.t host the map(i assume it is a map..i mean that.s what i saw from that folder,that there are like 11-12 maps in 1 folder,i might be wrong tho)....i assume i must put it somewhere specific?..i put it in campaign folder,but i didn.t know how to play with someone else....so i put it in maps but i couldn.t find that undeadx thing...so i couldn.t play the map (or campaign) with someone else.. pls help me if you know.,.

Level 10
hi...i.m new to these 2p campaigns...can you tell me how to play with 2 players?...none of my friends play wc so i tryed online...but i just couldn.t host the map(i assume it is a map..i mean that.s what i saw from that folder,that there are like 11-12 maps in 1 folder,i might be wrong tho)....i assume i must put it somewhere specific?..i put it in campaign folder,but i didn.t know how to play with someone else....so i put it in maps but i couldn.t find that undeadx thing...so i couldn.t play the map (or campaign) with someone else.. pls help me if you know.,.
Put it in anywhere in maps folder, then create the chapters using one of the programs, ENT gaming, gameranger or Tunngle. If you don't have any friends who still play the game, then you will have to wait after you create a chapter because it normally takes a lot of time until somebody joins you, but I would prefer creating the chapters in Bnet using ENT gaming site because thats where most players are nowadays.

Level 1
Put it in anywhere in maps folder, then create the chapters using one of the programs, ENT gaming, gameranger or Tunngle. If you don't have any friends who still play the game, then you will have to wait after you create a chapter because it normally takes a lot of time until somebody joins you, but I would prefer creating the chapters in Bnet using ENT gaming site because thats where most players are nowadays.
ah...i see,,,i needed to take the specific map from the folder and put it as a normal map...thanks,i didn.t think about that

Level 23
Hello Turnro / Ljarvisone .

I was wondering how you implemented Aceheart's save system with non-standard items. By that I mean, you have a series of maps that have legendary items (custom items), which must have been copied and pasted from each map into the next. Doing this would result in those legendary items having different raw codes for the items, which should in theory break the save system, but you guys somehow managed to get around it. Was just wondering if there is a simple explanation for this.

Level 31
Hello Turnro / Ljarvisone .

I was wondering how you implemented Aceheart's save system with non-standard items. By that I mean, you have a series of maps that have legendary items (custom items), which must have been copied and pasted from each map into the next. Doing this would result in those legendary items having different raw codes for the items, which should in theory break the save system, but you guys somehow managed to get around it. Was just wondering if there is a simple explanation for this.

Hi, I think we just overwrote existing items in the game to get around the problem.

Level 2
how do i install this to my warcraft? when i dl its a winrar file never dl a winrar campaign before is it simple as extracting ?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
how do i install this to my warcraft? when i dl its a winrar file never dl a winrar campaign before is it simple as extracting ?
It's not a normal campaign. You have to put this in Maps because within the archive are separate maps connected by a code you'll have to load at the start of each map via the game's chat system.
The description tells you exactly how to play the maps. So read it.

Level 8
We can't win 7c mission despite killing the forgotten ones guarding the gate.

Edit: Problem solved, apparently I have to kill ever single enemy I meet beforehand aswell. I ignored two level one crabs because killing them was completely unnecessary. When I did kill them, later on the gate opened and we finally won. You might want to change that bit.

Last edited:
Level 1
For wc3 reforged 1.32.3 version , custom hotkey settings cannot used in games. All heroes skills hotkey is QWER, and its very uncomfortable to use skills.
Is there a method to disable QWER hotkeys ?

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
For wc3 reforged 1.32.3 version , custom hotkey settings cannot used in games. All heroes skills hotkey is QWER, and its very uncomfortable to use skills.
Is there a method to disable QWER hotkeys ?
I believe custom hotkeys only work for melee & campaign, not custom maps.
Don't think there is much you can do on your end.

Level 1
I play on local network war3 but dont save for me code why?
Just must play whit battle.net?