• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scotland: Wars of Braveheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
The map I made for our little contest.
Terrain:
capturedscreen115zc5.jpg

Andrew de Moray at Interveness
capturedscreen116us2.jpg

Edingburgh
capturedscreen117ja2.jpg

William Wallace in the Highlands
capturedscreen118mw0.jpg

Entrance to the Highlands.
capturedscreen119tf9.jpg

So far the gameplay is extremely lame and boring. It's a generic europa-style but just 3v3. There's a couple custom spells for the heros.

Battles are impossible to predict. Unit damage is random at best.

Backstab is in effect and so is an ablility called Combat Tactics. This ability adds Critical strike, and evasion with a chance of attacking twice to every unit.

So really massing it not going to win you shit. And with the terrain being so cramped massing should probably only hurt you.

But really gameplay needs to be re-thought.

I had an idea. I'll make income 90% conquest/battle dependent. Gold is only gained by capturing Cities and Villages and by killing enemy units.

You get Lumber for how mnay villages and cities you control ever turn.

But units cost gold and upgrades cost lumber.

Just an idea. The game is only 3v3 and 128x192 so it's not exactly a HUGE map.

Stormy Castle model by Illidan(evil)x
Hammerer model by Radagast
And there's more and I'll edit once I look it up.

http://epicwar.com/maps/download/61618/Scotland.w3x

Level 7
This looks good but if I can add my advise on the terrain I think it needs some work, be carefull of making it too "busy" variation is good but too much variation and it can look messy. Also make sure you have natural looking cliff edges and I can see some harsh lines between tiles, try and make it look as realistic as posible, the yellow folower coming out of the snow dosnt look good an niether do the rocks floating on thin air above the waterfall. And of course always include fog.

Love the braveheart movie too so hope this comes out soon.

Level 12
If you use william wallace, make sure he isnt buff and has a shield and sword >_^

also it looks good so far, I would help in anyway i can >_^ If you can make AI work in this, this map will be fuN!

Status
Not open for further replies.