• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SCII Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ITT: Screenshots.

That said, I'm not working on any huge projects or any cool UIs, but I thought it would be nice for those of us who like to play around with the terraining on maps to have a place to post some of our work. Here's something I did today in my spare time, and I think it turned out pretty well.

I don't think .jpg is compatible with Hive via or attachments, so I'll just link this album:

[url]http://img153.imageshack.us/g/urbanjungle.png/[/url]

Level 5
.jpg is fully compatible and is a standard file format here.

Anyway, nice city environment, although the road lacks pavement decorations.

Thanks for the suggestion... I'm trying to work on my skills with the new editor.

There's actually a couple whole alleyways that don't get shown by those shots, but I liked those four the most. I'd like to see some other peoples' work, though. Posting screenshots is a great way to showcase both skills and ideas.

Level 1
Terran Mothership

Two screenshots i took when i was bored
terrain_001-jpg.jpg

terrain_002-jpg.jpg

Level 5
that was the general idea..
since protoss get their original mothership
and zerg get queens(well,not quite same but its still quite a unique unit)

To be fair, we Terrans have strong unit combos to make up for a lack of specialized units like Queens and Motherships.

Level 5
yea but im a lore nerd..so i like specialized units

PS:wow..a battlecruiser just defeated a mothership 1vs1

That doesn't surprise me. The Mothership is designed to be a support unit, not a powerhouse, much like the Queen.

The spells, such as Mass Cloaking, used by the Mothership are very useful for having a powerhouse military. The creep tumors and larva spawn skills on the Queen make her very useful, but she shouldn't be used in combat except against perhaps rushes.

Level 1
That doesn't surprise me. The Mothership is designed to be a support unit, not a powerhouse, much like the Queen.

The spells, such as Mass Cloaking, used by the Mothership are very useful for having a powerhouse military. The creep tumors and larva spawn skills on the Queen make her very useful, but she shouldn't be used in combat except against perhaps rushes.
i guess...
anyway heres a screenshot of 1 of the thor dancing animations
previewer_001-jpg.jpg

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I thought you could train many queens, however generally only 1 would sufice due to poor military power.

Mother ship is unique, and it is extreemly strong. Physically it is not better than many late units but support wise... It not only makes your army invisible so the enemy will have a hard time gauging its size and attacking effectivly, but it also has nasty spells. When in your base it can mass recall your troops or when attacking summon reinforcements and when in combat it can disable most of the enemy army for a while. These are its abilities in the editor atleast which I prey reflect the changes.

Level 5
I thought you could train many queens, however generally only 1 would sufice due to poor military power.

Mother ship is unique, and it is extreemly strong. Physically it is not better than many late units but support wise... It not only makes your army invisible so the enemy will have a hard time gauging its size and attacking effectivly, but it also has nasty spells. When in your base it can mass recall your troops or when attacking summon reinforcements and when in combat it can disable most of the enemy army for a while. These are its abilities in the editor atleast which I prey reflect the changes.

You can produce as many queens as you wish, but you shouldn't be using them in direct combat. You should be using one per hatchery to keep your larva spawns high.

You are correct about the strength of the Mothership. It is the only unit you can only make one of. Its strength, however, as I outlined below, is because of its support power, not brute force.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Actually, the orignal mothership was a formidible offensive unit. However the very first few beta patches greatly nerfed it cause it was just too powerful physically. Its current format is what you should expect for release, which is the most powerful support unit but weak physical unit.

In addition I would like to point out it is one of the few units that can fire while moving. Obviously the phonix in the last beta patch was also given this ability and the interceptors of the carrier also have it but still it is a rather uncommon weapon attribute. Especially since the carrier now can move faster at max speed, consider dancing it if you must bring it into combat.

Airunits like the carrier and battleships (the the top tier air with air to air weapons to my knowledge) must remain stationary to attack (carrier can move slightly due to not attacking directly) making them very easy to keep track of in battles and also sitting ducks for AoE moves like the motherships wormhole which can remove them from combat for 5 seconds or so. Thus why the mother ship is well worth its cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.